Much Like Bigfoot or Loch Ness (Fender Content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CharlieC, Dec 4, 2013.

1. CharlieC

CharlieC Supporting Member

A few years ago on their web site, Fender USA posted and quickly removed product pictures similar to the one below that is still found today on Musician's Friend's web site.

For whatever reason, for the past 30 years, Fender USA continues to not produce even one stock left-handed bass with a maple fretboard. Not one.

Genuine Fender images of them do exist, but the actual basses do not.

I share this here in hopes that posts of this type will one day bring about change, but after 30 years I am not counting on it :D

Cheers!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fender-american-standard-jazz-bass-left-handed/h80820

[​IMG]
  2. quiltkitty

quiltkitty Supporting Member

That's interesting. Why would they use a pic that doesn't match the description? You would think that would cause a lot of confusion amongst customers.
  3. Greevus

Greevus

Must keep Fenders away from Leftys.....After Hendrix, anytime a southpaw shows up with a Fender, all us Righthanders get ancy
  4. MascisMan

MascisMan

Would I be skewing off topic if I mentioned that CharlieC's avatar looks like Adam Sandler?

But....it IS hard to believe Fender has never made a left handed maple necked bass. Strange.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. NightCat

NightCat

Maybe "Fender" hasn't, but G&L has.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. slickbass3

slickbass3

Might try Fender Japan.

Ishibashi website had a bunch of lefties on their used website.

Good Luck!

sg
  8. CharlieC

LOL! Thanks!

If I were Sandler I'd have no issue paying $5,000 to the Fender Custom Shop for a maple-necked bass :)

P.S. The $5,000 is an actual quote from the Fender Custom Shop for what would simply be a Black, Lefty American Standard Precision Bass with a maple fretboard!
  9. pinz

pinz

Unbelievable really,so come on Fender show some love to our left handed Maple fretboard loving friends.:crying: please.

I love my full Maple necked Fenders,and would choose such over the Rosewood options every time.
  10. NightCat

NightCat

I don't know how you can whine about Fender and ignore G&L. Bass players is weird...
  11. CharlieC

Sure, G&L and others manufacturers make great instruments and offer maple fretboards on their left-handed basses, but my point is that Fender USA does not, has not for 30 years, but dealer pictures exist and were leaked.

For all the years of whining and weirdness, I'd really like to call them out on this! :D