Multieffect, Stompbox, Software ? help me decide....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dilemmachine, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Dilemmachine

Dilemmachine

I need effects distortion, fuzz, octaver, phasers, synths... and ability to make presets with multiple effects with different settings - like in guitar rig. I dont need amp and cab simulation. What is best for me ? I was looking at some audio interfaces + software, some stompboxes, multieffects but I dont know what to choose.

Can you switch multiple effects in stompbox or multieffect with one button ? Or is it one button - one effect ?

I was pretty impressed by http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/stealthpedal/index.php?pp=stealthpedal-info if i understood it right you can plug a foot switch into it and configure it that you can change presets with it, plus you have wah and decent audio interface with software. And its pretty cheap.

Sorry for bad english :(

Thx

2. fleizenkruz

fleizenkruz

Going software means you have to bring a laptop whenever there's a gig, sure you wanna do that?

Multi : There are some multi units that has the "one switch one effect" feature. Boss GT6B for example, you can assign each pedal to turn on/off a specific effect, making it acts stompbox-like (usually they call it "manual mode"). Or you can assign several effects in a patch bank and turn them on/off at the same time.

Stompbox : You can turn on/off several fx unit at the same time using loopers, but things can get quite complicated down the road.

My advice is to start simple, check what you need for the songs, build your arsenal along the way. Take it slow, as this is a journey

3. willsellout

willsellout

Maybe the Line 6 M13 or M9?

4. Dilemmachine

Dilemmachine

i wonder why is using softvare considered so bad... isnt it almost the same as digital effects ? of course if you have good audio interface

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

As has been mentioned, software requires a computer. It's not a sound quality issue. It's a reliability issue. An analog stomp box is just so simple; it'll never glitch out on you.

However, now that laptops are so much more powerful and reliable, you are less likely to have something fail on you.