Muse does Dubstep?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Garrett151, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Garrett151

Garrett151 Supporting Member

I just found this video in my YouTube sub box. What do my fellow Muse fans think? Is Muse really doing dubstep? Or did they just make that song to go along with the album announcement.

When I re-listened to it, I realized that it's actually 90% real instruments too...

Oh by the way, NEW MUSE ALBUM IN SEPTEMBER!
  2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

3. The Impostor

The Impostor

That was terrible. Hope the album's not gonna be like that, but well, I never was a great fan of Muse.
  4. naufal6161

naufal6161

I believe it's almost 100% real instrument
    don't forget that they have many kind of synth modules
    or "synth wannabe"

remember that matt has fuzz factory, kaoss pad, probe wah, digitech whammy, etc
    then, chris has some synth pedals
    and their additional, Morgan, has 2 keyboards, a rack of synth modules behind, and 2 kaoss pads 3
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tupac

Tupac

Oh lord.
  7. geddeeee

geddeeee

Muse seem to be a victim of the industry 'machine' and mass poularity. Their stuff has been getting worse and worse. They're now a 'pop' band IMO....
  8. Essen

Essen Supporting Member Supporting Member

I lost all hope when The Resistance came out. I still died a little inside from watching that video.

I miss Origin Of Symmetry...
  9. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

10. Nurb

Nurb

I just love how people are raining on the skrillex parade, because "it's not real dubstep". The same with metalheads and their constant arguing over metal genres. Stop being so close minded people. :scowl: Skrillex is pretty good and fresh, I'm not saying I listen to that stuff on loop, but I like some of his tunes. I hate when people are cataloguing others because of the music they listen to, or stuff they use: "you listen to skrillex so you're a frat boy, you listen to Linkin Park so you must be a socially awkward teenager, you use an iPhone so you must be a hipster and an iSheep". All this really gets on my nerves.
    With that said, I don't like the music in this Muse video, but I was never a really big fan of Muse to begin with, so it's no big deal to me.
  11. rimbaud

rimbaud

12. peledog

The Specials = ska
    Drop Kick Murphys = not ska

Really simple. You don't like labels? Then don't label yourself as something you're not. Tah dah. End of story.

The last record I liked by Muse was Blackholes.
  13. Luke19Boarder

Luke19Boarder

I would say that skrillex is dubstep in the same way that, say, less than jake is ska. No, it doesn't encapsulate the exact sound of how the genre started, but genres change, and I find it silly to have to create a new genre every time someone develops a different sound. Sure, call skrillex brostep if you want, but I'd still classify it under the umbrella of dubstep.
  14. peledog

That's reasonable, to a point.

If my introduction to jazz was Kenny G - well....you get the idea.
  15. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist Supporting Member

Genre fights are far worse in the metal genres. When you have to identify a band as "symphonic blackened progressive technical death metal" it's just a little too much.

That said, I actually like this album far better than The Resistance, and about the same as Black Holes. Absolution is still their pinnacle for me.
  16. Emilym80

Emilym80

So true. I have a friend who's really only into metal and they got angry when I called a deathcore band "metal". Apparently they have a particular use of polyrhythms or vocal techniques not pertaining to metal or something :rollno:
    I actually liked Resistance a lot. For me, it's equal to, or maybe better than Absolution. I find most of the songs on Absolution to be a bit same-same and formulaic; Resistance is more interesting, to me, at least in that respect. Then again, maybe I just have to give Absolution a listen from start to finish again, I haven't in quite a while.