1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Music Begets Art...or Vice-Versa?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ZenG, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ZenG

ZenG

I happen to have been blessed with two talents.....

One is drawing,painting and cartooning.

The other is creating music.

I can't do both at the same time really.........so I either do one or the other for an extended period.

Whenever I stay doing music for along time I find that art becomes really appealing to me.

When I do art for a long time I find that my music interest rises.

The music I like for expressing myself....but I like art for it's solid tangible appeal. Once you've created something to look at....it stays that way.

In the "pro" musician world I've noticed that the co-relation between art and music is often inter-twined.....

Many musicians also dabble in art when they aren't doing music...or the other way around....like Robert Crumb (cartoonist) who also plays piano and has a large record collection. Other rock stars went to art school before they became famous for their music.

Do you find art interests are heightened for you (if you are a musician of any kind)?