1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Music Begets Art...or Vice-Versa?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ZenG, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ZenG

ZenG

I happen to have been blessed with two talents.....

One is drawing,painting and cartooning.

The other is creating music.

I can't do both at the same time really.........so I either do one or the other for an extended period.

Whenever I stay doing music for along time I find that art becomes really appealing to me.

When I do art for a long time I find that my music interest rises.

The music I like for expressing myself....but I like art for it's solid tangible appeal. Once you've created something to look at....it stays that way.

In the "pro" musician world I've noticed that the co-relation between art and music is often inter-twined.....

Many musicians also dabble in art when they aren't doing music...or the other way around....like Robert Crumb (cartoonist) who also plays piano and has a large record collection. Other rock stars went to art school before they became famous for their music.

Do you find art interests are heightened for you (if you are a musician of any kind)?