1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Music Go Round

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Jim C, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Jim C

Jim C

I found these guys during Google search for a GK amp.
    Very nice to deal with, fair pricing, and they claim all gear is tested and working properly before shipping. No problems with returning gear that arrived DOA.
    Super well packed and the amp sounds great.
    A few scratchy pots but this thing is really old and is what I expected :hyper:

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Haven't used MGR in a long rime but in the way back machine I scored there several times. Best was a 72 Fender Pro Reverb for $500 in the Louisville, Ky store. Stumbled over that one when in town travelling by car...

3. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

I've seen some great deals there too. I got burned a couple years ago on a (no return) Kurzweil synth that was in worse condition than they described, so I'm a little wary, but I think I was just due for some bad gear luck.

4. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

I've had pretty good luck with MGR, too. I know one other TB'er that got a bass that didn't live up to its description, but they made it right with a partial refund.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EthanTheHeathen

EthanTheHeathen

I think they're all locally owned, so it depends on the store. I've been to some that were real sleezy, but dealt with others that were great with mail order.

7. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

It's a weird chain. You never know what you'll find when you browse. Bunch of crap...vintage Bag End S15 loaded with an EV for $100...more crap...flutes...'39 Kay upright spray-painted red...wall of Squier basses...six-string Alembic Series 1...

8. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

I saw this one and fiddled with it.... Wasn't seriously considering it, but the guy at the store told me to try it out. Think its gone now though.

Couple weeks ago I saw a store in MI I think have a PH610 for around $380. The next day I tried to search it again online and it was gone. Not sure what the story was with it and the condition.

9. JoePlaysDaBass

JoePlaysDaBass

I've been to the Kenosha, WI store a few times. My drummer got an insane deal on a Gretsch Catolina kit. I bought a bass head and sold them a cab. Fair prices and fair people IME.

10. xbud

xbud Supporting Member

I tried to sell some used gear to them and found I was better off E-baying it and offering free shipping then taking their offer.