1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Music goals for 2013

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by caeman, Dec 5, 2012.

1. caeman

caeman The Root Master Supporting Member

What are your music goals for 2013?

I have been doing more experiments with ambient and folk music. My recent pedal purchases have reinforced much of this goal. I may still dabble in a pedal here or there, but I should be happy with I have for a few months, at least.
  2. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer

For me:

Further refining my tone for the rock band that I'm playing in and figuring out different dirt sounds to fit within our style while maybe adding a tremolo to the mix. I would love to say that I'm going to be able to do anything super effected or crazily creative, but I haven't really been able to fit more than dirt + octave over our massive wall of guitar distortion. I would love to add filters or modulated signals, but none of the ones that I have played really feel like they belong in our sound or get lost in the Great Wall of Distortion.

It's hard adding effects to a straight forward rock band :-/
  3. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Mine are to either figure out if our band is still a band (been on a school hiatus for the last month, one member just graduated), maybe there is a member change and we continue.

If that band is done, restart my synthy solo stuff (me, drum machine, sequencer and sampler). Maybe make that a duo with a chick singer that plays some keys or something.

Also, to play as many awesome pedals as I can!
  4. vlado

vlado

I recorded acoustic guitar and vocals for a seven-song EP that would be my singer-songwriter debut. I did it last spring in Berlin and I plan to go back there and finish the EP before summer. For many reasons I couldn't have done it before and won't be able to do it before next summer. In the meantime I have to take care of the video for one of the songs and many busyness-type of things, like forming a label and all other things that go with it. Hopefully I'll be able to assemble a small combo, mainly with people who are anyway working on my songs, and promote the EP live whenever and wherever possible. I have had some talks about going on a tour with my friends' band as a support gig when they finish their album and publish it. They are the once helping me with mine as well, their keyboard and trumpet player is producing it, so they could also join me onstage. But it's not clear when should all this happen, since neither of us have finished our record yet.
  5. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Trying get a drums, synth, bass thing going. We've had a few promising jams but not a lot of time to schedule things. Sort of sounds like a slightly harder New Deal. Should be fun if it works out. As far as pedals go I'm pretty much set. There are still a few(a lot of) things I want but I can make most of the sounds I need for now.
  6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

What is ambient music?
  7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I'd just like to get into another band next year. Spent the last 2 yrs in an experimental space-rock jazz fusion something something band, which ended over a girl. Would love to play again, minus the drama.
  8. metaball

metaball

9. metaball

metaball

more quality time in with what i have.
    looking at electronic drum kit & beat reconstruction upgrades early next year. maybe some recording signal path upgrades if the year plays out well.
  10. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Said every musician ever.

I want to get my ghetto studio set up. Record a handful of songs in a handful different genres, become a passable player on guitar as well as keys, figure out how to read music properly, finish getting a low end PA set up. if I get half of that done against the backdrop of three kids and a full time job, I'll call it a good year.
  11. tink9975

tink9975 Supporting Member

Now that I have a project that may actually be able to gig regularly (first official show is Dec 15th) I am planning on refining my board to better fit the band. I'm not sure if that will mean expanding or reducing it.
  12. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Make. Noise.
  13. BaronVonHavok

BaronVonHavok

Do a lot of writing. Record most of what I write. Play out with the band that I've been playing with for almost 4 years now but with all new music and sounds, which involve some of my new pedals and toys.
  14. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I've taken the last several years off from gigging and did a lot of recording. My goal for 2013 is to gig as much as possible.
  15. noisetherapy

noisetherapy

Do a lot of writing and recording.

I'd like to build a pedal.

practice more often than once a week for 3 hours.
  16. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser Supporting Member

Yes. and Yes.

Also, write some songs down, refine my pedal board to essentials only (hahahahahahahahahahah!!!, uh... yeah...), do another live noise/photo montage thing up on stage again.
  17. andvari7

andvari7

Finish my fingerboard replacement on my sixer, build my second pedalboard, and write a song. The third one is a long shot, as it has been for the past decade, but I think I'm on to something.
  18. MrThunderfoot

MrThunderfoot Supporting Member

learn some material for this instrumental project I may be playing with this summer, Pick up a Boomerang 3 and really focus on my looping. Pick up a guitar/shortscale bass VI and work on chording and such. Maybe take up voice lessons.
  19. caeman

caeman The Root Master Supporting Member

I am going to try and use 2013 to truly begin learning how to use Reaper. It can so many cool things and I barely use it.
  20. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

I want to make time to play. I am a new father and have taken a break from the music scene. I also started a new job that is taking up a lot of time with the training program that goes with it. I want to build a new pedal board, but that might be tough.

We shall see how 2013 unfolds.