Music Lessons

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by iwearpumas, Oct 16, 2012.

1. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

Hello again Mr. Wellington. Thank you for answering my first thread to you. I really appreciate and value your time. I am interested in bass lessons, i live in NYC, is there anybody or place you can recommend to teach bass lessons?

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Hey,

I never make recommendations on teachers. I don't know many teachers who have a curriculum. Especially one that they've developed themselves.

If you're looking for a teacher in your area you should ask around.

Good luck.

peace,
    anthony

3. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

How much right now I regret not living in Maryland.

4. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

You could always do Skype lessons with me.

Honestly, I have serious students that drive much further than NYC. It all depends on what this endeavor means to you. I have guys that will drive down from NYC to take a 3 hour lesson and get enough material to work on for months. They are smart enough to know that they they can just drive or catch the train down and spend a day or two with me and get more 'real' material than they could get in 6 months of lessons with a bad, average or even good teacher.

I had a guy come over from Slovakia to study with me this summer. He would tell someone from NYC that they just don't want it bad enough.

peace,
    anthony

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Cookye

Cookye

And You really cannot argue that point.

Derek

7. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

It's all in how bad you want something. And I don't usually make that point because it speaks for itself. But good teachers recognize it right away. And we also recognize when it's not there. And that is why I don't advertise. I don't want to attract a bunch of people who just think they want it. The serious people always end up with me without having to be convinced or advertising.

-aw

8. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

Youre right, I actually visit Maryland a few times a year. When I come down again, I will definitely make arrangements for lessons, rather than sitting bored in my hotel room.

(now that I sit back and read that comment, it can be interpreted as being sarcastic, but it is not a sarcastic reply, it is a serious reply)

9. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

I knew what you meant.

-aw

10. thehangingmist

thehangingmist

Disclosures:
    MTD kingston international emerging artist
    Hi! would it be possible for you to put your curriculum or a part of it in a book or an online webpage? i mean it would be totally amazing if anyone over the world have your lessons to work on! and a lot of people including me would be willing to pay for it and become real bassology students!
    over here you just never know when internet goes out or the electricity for that matter :ninja: even when its working video streaming is poor at best so going skype for lessons is hardly reliable.