1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Music man by sterling s.u.b. bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jediskippy, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Jediskippy

Jediskippy

Wondering if anyone has experience with these basses and wondering how good they are
  2. Dbt25677

Dbt25677

Sterling by Music Man.
    They're pretty good, for a first bass.
  3. Jediskippy

Jediskippy

I am interested in a stingray but don't want to spend a lot
  4. Jediskippy

Jediskippy

Yeah sterling by music man
  5. chrism2sych

chrism2sych

New; made in the last couple of years as implied by "by sterling". Or old school just " music man s.u.b" no experience with new, own one of the older ones they are amazing instrument for the price.
  6. Tbone76

Tbone76

I picked up a sub ray4 last month, and I love how different it sounds from my Precision. Growly, aggressive, and a killer slap sound. The hardware is lower-end but functional, and the build quality on mine is first-rate. After my initial setup the neck has been stable, I changed the strings to eb slinky. 50-.105's, and I have no complaints. The pup is pretty hot, so I lowered it to compensate. And at $289 new and under $200 used, I'd say go for it.
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1384609261.536139.jpg
  7. Jediskippy

Jediskippy

I am thinking I might get one in a mint green with a white pickguard
  8. Tbone76

Tbone76

I love that color combo too. I had a SBMM Ray 34ca that was mint/maple (GC Special run). I loved the color and sound but couldn't get used to the slab body. Great look, though. If my local store had the sub ray4 in mint I would have gotten that instead.
  9. mikecd1

mikecd1 Supporting Member

I love my SUB SB4 and the feel of the neck profile is as good as anything out there.
  10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    I bought one a year ago. I upgraded the pickups and preamp to a full EMG system which I bought here for $60! Bass is killer. Has a better neck than my Fender! Killer bass.
  11. peledog

peledog Supporting Member