1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Music Man Sabre Color Poll (Sabre Pr0n inside)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by j.kernodle, Jul 14, 2013.

?

Which Color Sabre Suits Your Fancy???

Poll closed Jul 24, 2013.
  1. Silver

12 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Natural

24 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Trans White

15 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Blue

21 vote(s)
    21.9%
  5. Black

12 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Burst

12 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

After months of deliberation and hemming and hawing, I finally getting a chance to play one of these down at bass central. I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I'm stuck on color. They all look so good.... The blue is funky and cool, the black is so rock and roll, the silver is surprisingly attractive and different, the trans white is so classy, the natural and sunburst are just such classic looks for Sabre.... :help:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ps: special thanks to the GC Platinum site where I swiped these photos...
  2. Eddie95Z28

Eddie95Z28 I play bass Supporting Member

That natural finish looks great. But I have to vote for the trans white in this case. Classic looking color while still showing some of wood the grain. What more could you ask for?
  3. Marial

Marial Proud Papa-to-be Supporting Member

Voted blue, but I wish it had a rosewood fingerboard.
  4. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays... Supporting Member

The only one that doesn't really turn me on, is the blue. My advice:

Go for the trans white. Slap a parchment pickguard on there so the pickup covers POP. Giddyup!!!
  5. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

I said blue to vote, but after seeing the colors, that blue doesn't do it for me.

I like the silver best.

I'd want some other pickguard options too.
  6. zortation

zortation Distant relative of Arthur 'Two Sheds' Jackson Supporting Member

That blue just pops...I want one!
  7. taurus1

taurus1

I have an original white one.
    the blue looks different, I like it.
    the pups don't look right without the exposed pole pieces
  8. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

agreed, its got kind of an 80's vibe going, in a good way. the non-exposed pole piece look makes it more of an 80's reissue than a pre-EB reissue. I'm okay with that.... But what would make this a no brainer for me is if they'd make a transparent brown... alas, no builder really seems to ready to revive the glorious 1978 trend of "doo-doo colored everything".
  9. malthumb

malthumb Supporting Member

When it's gig-time, I often find myself going "eenie, meenie, minie, mo"....but for your dilemna, I checked the BURST box, because it has a tort guard. Burst + Tort = SexyBass

[​IMG]
  10. GTA4lifehomie

GTA4lifehomie

i vote for the trans white
  11. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

malthumb, I LOVE the baltic amber guard on your natural bass! I now find my decision being influenced by which will look best with that pickguard. :D
  12. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

natural with black 'guard looks best to me. wish these were available to the southpaws.
  13. blastoff99

blastoff99 Supporting Member

Never thought I'd say this, as I'm not generally a fan of natural-finish basses, but I vote Natural. On that bass, it really looks right.
  14. malthumb

malthumb Supporting Member

Funny thing is, I'm about to order a tort guard for the sunburst one.
  15. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

That might be one of the nicest black and maple basses I've seen. Pretty tort too.
  16. BassHappy

BassHappy

I have to say, they all look pretty spectacular, but I would stick with that beautiful wood grain, either sunburst or natural.
  17. pappas0211

pappas0211 Supporting Member

It came down between silver and blue. I voted silver, but would take either one. Just need to get the tort off there. Sorry tort lovers.
  18. Nobody

Nobody

My thoughts exactly about the color options for the Sabre. I voted silver because it is different but it really seems to compliment the style of the bass quite nicely. IMHO

http://www.basscentral.com/pdimages/2013/5-2-2013/SABRE_CLASSIC_MAYAN_SILVER_BODYFRONT.jpg
  19. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

Not a big fan of natural. I voted blue because it just 'popped' out of the ones shown. But, if you do go with a Baltic Amber pickguard, I'd say trans-white.

Otherwise, I'll stick with my vote of blue...
  20. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

I'd go with a color that has never been available (blue), or one that had not been available since the early 80's (silver) just as something different.

The one issue I have with EBMM's natural is they use such bland grained ash anymore...nothing like the heavy grained attractive stuff of the early ones. The Classic figured necks absolutely do not match the bland body grain