1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Music man, seymour duncan or bartolini?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Pitsaras, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Pitsaras

Pitsaras

Dec 26, 2011
    i am thinking of making a musicman stingray copy with some variations of my own style. i was wondering if i should put the seymour duncan SMB-4DS humbycker and equivalent tone circuit-eq (theey are sold as a pair) or try the bartolini humbucker. In the bartolini case is there a matching preamp-tone circuit??

2. ricknote

ricknote Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Nashville
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. tonymcbony

tonymcbony

Mar 21, 2006
    This.

5. Pitsaras

Pitsaras

Dec 26, 2011
    hmm where do i get these? i live in greece so i have no access to this kind of pickups.

6. S-D BassLines pickup and preamp. Got it in an OLP and it sounds great.
    [​IMG]

7. markkoelsch

markkoelsch

Sep 6, 2008
  8. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    +2

BUT...The use the SD pre

9. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    I'm about to sell a SBMM Maple neck RAY34ca with Nordstrand and SD pre if you are interested.

Just let me know.

10. Pitsaras

Pitsaras

Dec 26, 2011
    thank you alla for your advice. no my friend unfortunately i want to build a stingray like bass and not buy one. besides who knows what the shipping costs would to ship to greece. i believe there are extra taxes i have to pay. but thank you anyway :)

11. tonymcbony

tonymcbony

Mar 21, 2006
    See if bestbassgear can ship you something.

I can heartily recomment the MM4.2 from Nordstrand, and the John East Musicman preamp; it's what I use in my Ray.