1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Music Man Sterling help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6stringvince, Dec 31, 2013.

1. 6stringvince

6stringvince Supporting Member

I don't know much about the Music Man basses and I'm trying to figure what this is (USA, off shore, etc).
    It's a fretless for sale locally for $600
    Any help is appreciated ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388497129.827117.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388497149.189229.jpg

2. Jimmy Stump

Jimmy Stump

I believe that's a USA Sterling.

3. pb9717

pb9717 Supporting Member

Nice piece. Definitely worth $600. USA Sterling HS. With hard case? If neck is straight, and it works as new I'd grab it.

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Looks like the real deal to me - great price, too... Also, it's the HS, which is my favorite EBMM pup setup, and more valuable than the regular H...

- georgestrings

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. spufman

spufman

That's an amazing price, I'd buy in a minute. Looks to be early 2000s with HS but non-compensated nut.

7. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Definitely looks MIA - in which case it's a steal, even without a hardshell case.

You can tell for sure by looking at the back of the headstock. It should have printed on it that it's made in San Luis Obispo, CA, USA. Similar to this:

[​IMG]

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Plus, the matching headstock. They're out there but not as abundant as standard finishes.

I'd buy it, if even to flip it.

$600 seems like a great deal. If you can look it over real good first to make sure it hasn't been dropped or damaged in some way.