Music Man Sterling (USA) for $650 w/ cosmetic damage?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hernameisrio, Jan 26, 2013.

1. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

It's got some love taps on the headstock, a chunk missing from the finish on the bottom front edge of the body, and scratches. However, it comes with the OHSC and the electronics work. No bids...the auction ends in five minutes. Yay or nay?
  2. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Okay, so literally at the last minute, I put in the only bid and won! It's from a pawn shop...here's hoping it's not a lemon. It might merit another DIY refinish job due to the chunk missing in the finish along the bottom edge, but assuming it plays and sounds like a dream, then wow! Was NOT expecting this but at the least, it was an incentive to do my taxes early. :D Stay tuned!
  3. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle

I saw that and almost bought it too. I'm curious to see what you do with it
  4. NWB

NWB

I thought you needed a light-weight amp/cab?:confused:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

I know, right? The timing on this bass was weird and unexpected, and literally happened about a week before I started running into the idea of "needing" a rig. Which is part of why I've been like, "Argh!!!" about buying a rig...not in a pirate way but in a frustrated way. Once I get my tax check, I'll see how things are looking.
  7. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Oh yeah... @Jonny: the funny thing is that the pawn shop (the EBay seller) had TWO of them. Go figure...I don't know if you saw that when you were looking at the auction. The other one was a different finish with a couple of rather suspect dings in the neck, and $50 more.
  8. jlepre

jlepre

Did you get it yet?
  9. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

They shipped it today, so I'm figuring I'll have it by Friday...pretty psyched!
  10. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Got my Sterling yesterday...checking her out (him? Haha) in detail tomorrow, stay tuned! :D
  11. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle

What's the verdict?
  12. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I happen to know where a Sterling is FS that you could make an offer on and get a nice deal......:bag:

Actually, GC had a nice one for about $700 with a maple fingerboard (on their used site). it was a bit dinged, but in great shape.
  13. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

I've had mine for a few weeks...I love it!