SOLD Music Man Stingray 4HH BFR Redwood Top Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jbybj, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

This is one of a limited run of 100 instruments. The curly Redwood top is quite spectacular in person. It exhibits a 3 dimensional depth that is kind of psychedelic. The main difference from a standard issue Stingray is the Mahogany neck, the bound body with the 1000 year old redwood top, and the high gloss poly finish on the body AND NECK. This sale is offered with the original HSC, a COA, and all the case candy. I purchased this bass a few years ago, as my first Music Man instrument, because I wanted that classic Stingray sound, and was smitten with it's beauty. I had every intention of playing it out at every opportunity. What I found was that, as awesome as it was to play, I was afraid of creating that "first ding". This is my only instrument that I couldn't face the prospect of possibly damaging. It became my one and only "collectors bass". There are no functional flaws, and the only cosmetic flaw I can find, defies photography. On the front of the lower horn, there is a 2mm surface indentation. This may be a manufacturing flaw, or may have been induced by the original owner. It is surface only, and requires close examination in person to observe. The case is pristine inside, and the outside has about 4 or 5, pea sized, surface disruptions. Nothing goes through the beautiful brown tolex. This is an amazing example of the phenomenal fit and finish of a Ball Family Reserve instrument. I was going to leave it under the bed for another 20 years, playing it on Christmas every year, but I have conceived of new custom that needs to be financed. I realized I prefer to own only players instruments, and this could certainly be that for the right person. Or if you prefer, it can be your new collectors instrument. I have more photos that I can share with interested parties. The bass is located in Los Angeles and is available to be examined in person. Almost forgot, 9.5 lbs. The price includes shipping and insurance to anywhere in the CONUS. Thank you for looking. If I forgot anything please ask. $2800 $2600 obo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Peace, JBY
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. tbasstreble11

tbasstreble11

That top is amazing it looks like rippling liquid ! You could dip your feet in! Never seen anything like it, you should keep it and get something stock to thrash in between Christmas jams
  3. icbarbour

icbarbour

Absolutely stunning. GLWTS.
  4. Marial

Marial Pooped Supporting Member

That's hands down the most beautiful Stingray I've seen. Simply stunning!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

I have edited the original post with a price reduction, and a reminder to make an offer. Thanks for looking.
  7. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Sold on reverb.com for $2390
    DiabolusInMusic likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.