Music Store Day!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by colbyAKAbobby, Dec 8, 2012.

1. colbyAKAbobby

colbyAKAbobby

Just a quick thread to gather suggestions. I'm looking for a decent head and cabinet for around $1000, give or take a couple hundred. I'm not totally against combo amps, but I'd like to be able to upgrade easier if need be. I'm open to a variety of tones, so just hit me with anything and tell me why I should check it out! The more portable it is, the better.

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

There are a ton of threads around here you can check in on. Everything from the most popular heads to cabinets. If you really want suggestions though I would recommend you give a lot more information... Styles of music you will be playing, size of venues, instruments in the groups you are playing, what your basses are, tonal goals etc.

My own recommendation for a fairly versatile rig would be a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2, or 9.2 with a Gallien Krueger Neo 212 cabinet.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 Take your bass and ask the salesperson "what's on sale"

4. Warwick Qc418

Warwick Qc418 Supporting Member

Check the used market, you can have an awesome rig for 1000$, if new, I'd go with the Genz Benz focus cab, great bang for buck.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

7. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Genz Shuttle and Streamliner series are very easily bought and sold on TB for fair prices. I'd look at a modular 210/210 rig if it was in the budget. That would give you more of the good stuff (dispersion, portability) than a standard box 410. That's a shot in the dark not knowing any more specifics on what you like, want, or need.

See what they have and see what you like. Just remember, you want it to sound good with a band too.