1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Music Store Live, Rocket Music, G&L order?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rodger Bryan, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan Supporting Member

As I consider my options for ordering a G&L in the near future, I wanted to get some input from those who have made an instrument purchase from Music Store Live. I have read great things about TB'ers experiences with Rocket Music and they remain at the top of my list.

The G&L pricing offered at MSL is the same as Rocket's, but I wanted to hear from those who have ordered instruments from them.
    Is there anything you can share that should steer me one way or another, based on your experiences?
    Your input is appreciated!
    R

2. vxjoe

vxjoe

I purchased a G&L L-2500 from MSL. There was a wrong quote on Amazon. MSL called me Sunday a.m. to give me the news. They made it right by drop shipping from G&L at a great price. It was a gift for Christmas, the Sunday before Christmas I got the bad news, I got it the following Tuesday in time for Christmas. Great vendor.

3. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I bought my last Lull from Rocket music, top notch service all around. Will definitely buy from them in the future.

4. SteveC

SteveC

Never dealt with - or heard of MSL - but I have bought a number of basses from Greg and I HIGHLY recommend him. Great service, knows bass and is a great guy.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bravesaint5

bravesaint5

Got a good deal from MSL on a custom order LB-100. Got it pretty quick and a better price that I could find elsewhere. They checked out the bass and made sure it was setup before it was sent out to me, and actually caught an issue with one of the tuners and got it solved quickly. I plan on using them for future purchases.

7. Handyman

Handyman

I've never dealt with MSL, but I bought a L2500 from Greg at Rocket about a year ago. He's absolutely top notch, and helped me with getting a warranty issue with the case worked out.

I highly recommend them.

8. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I've ordered several G&Ls from Greg @ Rocketmusic (wish I had been smart enough to hold on to them) and strongly recommend him - great service and quick answers to questions via email.

9. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Just save yourself the trouble and buy from Rocket. It's a great shop, Greg is a TBer, there is really no downside to it.

10. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan Supporting Member

The replies are much appreciated. I'm going to be in contact with Rocket.