MUSIC VIDEO!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MattyH, Apr 2, 2014.

1. MattyH

MattyH

Hey guys! Just got a new music video back for my brand new band. Well, its actually my well seasoned wedding band. But we just started putting together originals.

Now - A disclaimer. PLEASE READ.

I did NOT actually record bass on this. Its keyboards, and so are the drums. My drummer and I were away when the Guitar player and Singer threw the recording together. The reason we needed to put a rush on it is because the director needed this video done asap for a film school project. The bass parts are nearly identical to what I would play, but not quite. I have to tighten it up, and add my fills and flair. Then re synch the audio. But you'll get the idea. The guitar player just copied what I had done on an old demo. Same with the electronic drums. Like I said, it needed to be put together quickly for the director. (That IS me in the video though haha :bassist:)

So, until I re record the bass, and the drummer does his parts, and we re synch the audio to the video, we have a pretty cool yet still work in progress song/music video. Hope you enjoy! Tell me what you think!

Band - Battle Romance
    "Love Groove"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or-mdooS9as

2. MattyH

MattyH

No feedback?! :bawl:

3. metalhead398

metalhead398

That was really great! The video was great, and you guys jam. Seriously cool. Is this available on iTunes?? :hyper

P.S. Only recommendation: bit more bass in the middle parts, kinda in the video where the guy gets back stabbed. I think. Other than that, I seriously have no recommendations. Great work.

4. MattyH

MattyH

You obviously speak my language!

Basically like any good tune its supposed to build (bass wise). Kind of smooth and basic to start. Then a bit more of a build in the females verse.

What I do in the bridge fills it out much much more. He just held the notes cause he wasn't too sure of exactly what I played.

Then the final chorus is bigger than the first two.

It's not on iTunes yet. But we actually just got the copyrights sealed up and paid today. So once the Bass and drums are re recorded, it'll be up for sure.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. metalhead398

metalhead398

Sweet, I'll be sure to buy it. And I see what you're saying about the bass. So fill out the bridge and you'll be good to go! :bassist:

7. MattyH

MattyH

Any more feedback at all would be much appreciated!

8. MattyH

MattyH

Bump for views!

9. metalhead398

metalhead398

This seriously deserves more views

10. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

Agreed. Build that up to a climax......:ninja:

I like the groove of the song though and great vid.

11. Jah Wobble Fan

Jah Wobble Fan

Media:
    Excellent video - great production values! Here's one we made on a shoestring (airfare not included!)