**MusicDojo.com Closing Down Operations

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by adamnitti, Oct 4, 2012.

1. adamnitti

adamnitti

Dear MusicDojo Students…

It is with utmost regret that we are announcing MusicDojo.com has closed down operations as of 9/30. I want to personally thank you for your patronage and for being a part of our original vision for interactive online music education. When we launched the MusicDojo in 2003, we built the site to allow students to study with world-class instructors regardless of their geographic locations or work schedules. Our unique model of having a lesson and assignment delivered each day helped our students to discipline themselves to stick to a consistent practice routine, and the ability for students to interact with their instructors had been really effective in providing valuable feedback and critique.

Unfortunately, times have changed significantly since we launched the site in 2003. With the advent of YouTube and its undeniable influence on the way people seek out information online, many sites that had followed in MusicDojo's footsteps adopted newer subscription models using a more video-based approach. These sites have been growing in popularity over the years and have certainly created challenges for us in trying to acquire new enrollments. Ultimately, it has affected us to the point of no longer being economically feasible for us to continue. So, with a heavy heart, we made the decision to discontinue the site.

However, the good news is that in response to all of these developments, I have over the last year devoted all of my extra-curricular time to creating a brand new membership-based site of my own, studybassonline.com. We are currently in beta testing, and that means the site will be launching very soon. In addition to a full curriculum-based video library covering a huge variety of topics, there will be a bonus content library that will also include all of my MusicDojo.com courses, as well. So, for anyone interested in these courses, they will have unlimited access to each of them within the framework of the main website. Although it has been a bummer having to bring the MusicDojo era to a close, I can promise you that my new site will offer an even more comprehensive and complete resource for the bass player seriously interested in improving their craft or just having some fun learning new styles and techniques. Much more to come soon regarding this launch...

Thank you so much for your support over these past nine years. We have really enjoyed providing you with a unique online music educational experience, and wish you all the best in your future musical endeavors.

Sincerely,

Adam Nitti
    Co-founder, MusicDojo.com
  2. JimL

JimL

Hey Adam, I checked out your sample lesson at studybassonline.com. Nice work.

- Jim
  3. adamnitti

adamnitti

thanks jim!
  4. Balto Bass

Balto Bass

Hi Adam, Congrats on new ventures. I took your Improv and other lessons a couple years ago. I recently moved and threw away some papers I had on permutation excercises because I knew I could run off copies whenever I needed them. ( really got alot out of them) Just went to retrieve them and found out site was closed. Is there another place I can go to get them? Thanks and Good Luck! Mike Kelly
  5. adamnitti

adamnitti

hi mike!

all of my musicdojo courses will be available to members of my new website once it launches. as for retrieving the courses directly, i'm not sure... let me check with support and see if that would be possible. the problem is that the server, itself has been taken down. were you just needing the individual permutation exercises?
  6. Balto Bass

Balto Bass

yes, the individual excercises would be great. At some point I wouldn't mind filing away the Improv 1 course for reference,but the permutations were something I used regularly. Thanks Mike
  7. adamnitti

adamnitti

here is the sequence of permutations:

Attached Files:

8. Balto Bass

Balto Bass

Thanks, That is actually the only set of sequences I still have and they are great. but I thought I remembered there being sequences that skipped strings up and down in the middle of the four note runs,and up and down the neck as well. I don't want to run you around to much on this. I can wait till your new site is up and try to get it there. Just thought you might know where I could get my hands on it. Thanks Mike
  9. adamnitti

adamnitti

sorry mike, that was all i had on this laptop. we might need to grab off the new site when it's ready...
  10. Balto Bass

Balto Bass

Sounds good. Your little bio on this site says your a wanna be race car driver. is that true and have you started racing? I've been racing formula fords for 12 years. (they are open wheeled road course cars in case your not familar with them). What type of racing are you interested in? we'll have to talk about it sometime.Might be able to give you some insight. The learning curve is as steep as music if not more so. Thanks again ! Mike
  11. adamnitti

adamnitti

mike, i race a bmw 3 series GTS2 car with NASA and BMWCCA. mostly on southeastern tracks, such as road atlanta, barber, etc.. racing is my other passion besides music. :) this year has been much more sparse for me, as i haven't been able to run as many events due to all the time and money spent on the new website build. formula fords are awesome! that's so cool!
  12. Balto Bass

Balto Bass

Thats cool! My dad raced and I grew up with it. This year was a rough one for me too. Blew my engine first weekend out . Built a new one, ($7000. later) First weekend on that, fuel cell foam started breaking down clogging up everything, replaced that, the next weekend out flipped car at the end of the front straight at summit point raceway at 120mph slid upsidedown till I t-boned another ff at corner and totaled both cars. luckily we both walked away. Unbelieveably luckly!Accident caused by rookie csr driver breaking way early for turn and I couldn't see him.Got launched over ff in front of me that had to break. Good luck with everything. When you're playing in Baltimore again we'll have to get together and talk racing. I'll keep an eye on your schedule and get in touch with you. Mike Mikekelly3807@aol.com
  13. adamnitti

adamnitti

wow, glad to hear you made it through the summit point fiasco ok!!! scary!!! i can't imaging flipping in an open-wheel car. :(
  14. nightwulf

nightwulf

Adam, glad to hear you have a new site coming up...just today I went online to see about signing up for the "art of the groove" class...Google said: "cannot find site", and I was more than a bit confused...sounds like there's an upgrade in the works though:) Thanks for everything!
  15. adamnitti

adamnitti

yup, we're in a state of transition, but i'm really psyched about what we're doing. btw, norm's art of groove course can now be found at his own new website, www.artofgroove.com. i hope you'll check out www.studybassonline once we're live! you can actually go there now and sign up to be notified by email when we're rolling. you'll get a free video lesson for doing so. :D
  16. funkyv

funkyv

is there any way i can get access to the material for the course i bought and was still working thru?

thx!
    kl
  17. adamnitti

adamnitti

hey kl-

i'm not sure at this point... i know that when they sent out the initial notice of closure they were allowing for folks to download or copy any materials for the next several weeks before the server was taken down. now that the server is no longer live, i'm not sure how you could get the material, but if it's any consolation my personal courses that were up there will be available again on my new website, studybassonline. also, i know that norm stockton's courses are still available at his online site, as well. what courses were you working through?
  18. funkyv

funkyv

It was the "Mastering Right and Left Hand Technique course"...
  19. adamnitti

adamnitti

ok, cool... that one and all of my other musicdojo courses will be available at studybassonline and available to all members. let me know if you have any other questions.
  20. funkyv

funkyv

Thx Adam!

That's cool- I see the site isn't fully up yet, looking forward to it!

But if there's a way i can keep working thru this course until then that would be great.

thx again,
    kl