musicdojo.com site not accepting new accounts?

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by dedlegend, Sep 25, 2012.

1. dedlegend

dedlegend

Adam, I can't sign up at the musicdojo.com site ... it says it's no longer accepting new accounts? Is this a temporary thing or does this happen from time to time when classes fill up?

Just curious

rgr
  2. mjl422

mjl422

The site is being shut down at the end of this month because many of the instructors are developing their own sites. They have a post about it on the front page of the site.
  3. dedlegend

dedlegend

Hmm, when I go there I see a landing page with an advertisement for a free 5 day class and two separate sign up links, neither of which work. No mention of the site shutting down at all -- not even on the page that says they are not currently accepting new registrations.

Oh well.

rgr
  4. mjl422

mjl422

Sorry, it's not on the front page. You have to log in.

This is what it says:

Dear MusicDojo Students…

We are announcing today that MusicDojo.com will be shutting its doors on September 30th, 2012. When we opened MusicDojo in 2003, we built the site to allow students to study with instructors no matter where they were in the world. Our model of having a lesson each day really helped students to discipline themselves to stick to a consistent practice routine. And the ability of students to interact with their instructors through classroom message boards has been really effective.

However, times have changed. With the advent of YouTube and many sites following in MusicDojo's footsteps in bringing music education online, we are finding that the subscription monthly subscription model is becoming more popular. As a matter of fact, several of our star instructors are launching their own education sites.

We have enjoyed providing music education to you for the past nine years. We are giving you notice so that you are able to maintain your materials.

You will have 30 days to download any of your purchased course materials.

Each of the lesson posts may be printed out or saved via many web to PDF plug-ins.

Each of the video clips, audio clips, and notation examples can be downloaded without restriction.

We are running special September sessions of all of our courses (beginning this Monday, September 3rd, with enrollment available through September 10th). When you enroll with the promotional code "sept50", you will get 50% off of the price of the course. During the course, you may download all of the material for future reference, and, as always, you may ask instructors questions during the course session. This is the perfect opportunity to take a MusicDojo course for the first time, or to finish a course series.

Finally, we will follow up with information soon on special deals for our current and past MusicDojo students for some of our partner education sites.

Thank you for your support over these past years.
  5. adamnitti

adamnitti

hey rgr-

sorry buddy, i'm just now seeing this thread. unfortunately, musicdojo.com's run has come to an end. as mjl422 mentioned already, september 30th was the last day. i am going to post an official announcement in this forum as well, but we have decided to 'change gears', as it had no longer become financially feasible for us to continue with all of the competition from free sites offering content such as youtube, etc... although we offered a true interactive experience with a curriculum-based approach, a lot has changed since our launch, and i decided that i needed to change my approach to the online education, as well.

the good news is that i will be launching my own bass lesson membership site in its place: studybassonline.com. we are currently in the beta testing phase and i will have official launch date announcements posted shortly, but this is a project that i have been working on steadily over the last year and am thrilled for it to finally almost be ready. :) just so you know, all of my musicdojo courses will be available there with unlimited access to members, so that material and delivery style will still be available as part of the curriculum. there will be a couple of different membership tiers offered; a basic which will include access to the entire video curriculum and bonus content library, and another premium membership which will allow students to interact and get feedback/critique.

i'm sorry that musicdojo will no longer be accepting enrollments, but i can promise you that my new site will offer an even more comprehensive educational experience. please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime, and thanks so much for your interest in musicdojo.

adam nitti