Musician looking for teacher

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Macrocosmcwh, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Macrocosmcwh

Macrocosmcwh Gold Supporting Member

So, I have been looking for someone who is a bass player that has time to teach. I am willing to take lessons via Skype or locally here in Phoenix AZ.

Here is my story,
    I started to play bass about two years ago. Previously in my life a long long time ago I was a cellist. I was a good one. I had a breakdown half way through my second year of college and stopped playing music all together. My passion had become my profession and it was hard for me.

About two years ago a local band needed a bass player... (who wasn't an alcoholic) So I had agreed to come try. I didnt have a bass amp nothing. I played with the band, recorded, they landed a recording contract then I got kicked out of the band because I was not "metal enough"... I am ok with that as most of my musical influence is classical, jazz, funk. I love the stuff that the bass and drums play a large part in the music.

Anyway... for the first time in my life I am enjoying music again. I want to be good, really good at bass. But I lack the theory and technique behind what I am doing. Everything I am doing now is imported from cello and the feeble ability to play some chords on the guitar. I want to learn about hand shapes and proper thumb technique. I want to be given exercises that will head me in the right direction.

But in order to do this... I feel as if I need to have the basics down... to have a real base for my bass.

I need one of your help doing that... or if you know someone around me that would be willing, enjoys music, is versatile enough and brave enough to take it on.

I enjoy music again... I want to know what I am doing and why. So that I can better myself and my desire to become the best I can.

Thank you....
    Christian

Feel free to respond to this here or PM me.

Thank you again!

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

You should repost in general instruction.

3. Macrocosmcwh

Ok... thats twice I posted in the wrong spot! Ugh... sorry everyone! I suppose if I become a supporting member then I will get an instruction booklet! LOL

Thanks for not kicking me out!

Truly sorry the post is in the wrong place. My heart is in the right place... Just not my post!

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Check with Todd Johnson. I believe he's still in Phoenix. I also believe Ray Riendeau is in that area too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Macrocosmcwh

7. Ivan M

Ivan M Gold Supporting Member