1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

musicians friend used gear ratings???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spaz21387, Feb 7, 2012.

1. spaz21387

spaz21387

Im in the market for a squier vm fretless j bass to refinish. They rank their used stuff from 1 to 3. 1 being brand new and 3 having scratches and dents. Will getting one ranked at 3 have more issues like a bad truss or anything like that or are they sure pretty good about that? Has anyone ordered musicians friend used gear and had bad experiences? They do have a 45 day return policy so thats a good thing.

2. Infidelity

Infidelity

Jump on it if you really want it.. I got one a few weeks ago and it's the same condition(level 3) as the one that you're thinking to buy. Instead of a scratched and dented bass I got a brand new one.. You might get lucky too! If not you can always return it.. :)

I bought an Squier Affinity V..

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

If its still there in a week ill go for it. The girlfriend says I cant till after my b day. Maybe with the money I save on the bass ill get an ibanez tube screamer.

4. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member Supporting Member

I once ordered a Schroeder cab from MusiciansFriend that was rated "1 - Like New". It had a blown speaker. Luckily for me, Jorg took it back to his shop and replaced the driver; he even re-coated the exterior of the cab. Fabulous service by Schroeder. I could have returned it to MF, but fortunately I contacted Jorg first.

I've received other "1 - Like New" items from MF and in all other cases I had zero issues.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Maybe your girlfriend already bought you a bass for your birthday. If not, then I see danger on the horizon for this relationship... ;)

7. Skaught

Skaught

spaz21387,
    My name is Skaught and I work for Musician's Friend. I would be happy to help you with this. If you need any more specifics than what is currently listed for the item I can get those details for you. Please email me at forums@musiciansfriend.com. Thanks!

Skaught Parry | Musician's Friend | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

8. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Skaught and Lauren at MusiciansFriend are the greatest. Take Skaught up on his offer, you won't be disappointed.

9. jlepre

jlepre

I just emailed Skaught on a bass I just bought last night. I would like more information before this bass gets packed and shipped. It TOO was listed as a grade 3, and I know I won't keep it if it has any issues.

10. SlingBass4

SlingBass4 Supporting Member

Nice gesture ;)

11. jlepre

jlepre

Well I was too late. Since I already ordered the bass, the guy that I spoke with told me it would take 2 days to get an answer from his Warehouse. The bass is shipping today.

The trick is to ask the questions BEFORE you buy, but I was afraid to wait in fear of losing such a great deal.

Oh well Stay Tuned

12. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

this

13. klejst

klejst

I would like to think they would not send you a complete P.O.S, but it may have some scuffs, dents, scratches...basically a used piece of gear. However as long as you have that return policy I think it is worth taking a shot on.

14. jlepre

jlepre

That's what I was thinking too. This is just the first time I have EVER purchased ANY USED musical equipment without at least seeing some pictures.

15. mr.mow

mr.mow

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    Generally pretty good, I've bought level 3 which arrived as brand new on a few times, I've bought level 2 which I would have have rated below 3.. But it's a rarity.

I think they are a little TOO honest at times!
    My level 3 Ric just neede a decent setup!