Musicman Help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stallion Duck, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Stallion Duck

Stallion Duck

Hi
    I'm thinking of getting a musicman stingray 5 string.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/music-man-stingray-5-5-string-bass-guitar

and

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item...2G00SRCHCAPN&gclid=CL7e0rLA1LMCFSPhQgod_BQAvQ

I also wandered upon a version of these with two pickups and im wondering what the difference is? Also could you give your opinion on the musicman stingray 5 string? I will be playing all rock from cannibal corpse to beatles.(School of rock student) I play all fingerstyle, with a little slap and picking mixed in their. so would this bass be good for me? I love how it looks.
    Thanks
  2. drTSTingray

drTSTingray

They're a very versatile bass and you can cover the genres you mention well.

I have a single pick up SR5 which I use with a gigging band playing material ranging from modern funk blues and rock blues through to jazz and shuffles - the bass can go from super aggressive to mellow and warm - minor changes in EQ and playing style (especially the plucking position - closer to neck gets much more warm and vintage). The slap sound is great.

The two pick up versions have even more versatility in tone (5 coil selection combinations) but the only potential downside is the neck H pick up may make it harder to slap that with a single H version.

I think they're a great bass with an excellent B string.
  3. WillyD

WillyD

The SR5 is a 3 EQ, treble, Mid, & Bass Controls, 12" radius fretboard & gun stock/wax blend finished neck. The 5 String in tobacco burst is a Sting Ray Classic. 2 EQ, Bass & treble controls only, also has a strings through the body designed bridge w/a mute kit. 7.5" inch radius birdseye or flame maple neck finished in polyesther. thinner frets than the SR5. Both are great, the 5 seems a good fit but you would be happy either way.
  4. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Stingray HH 5 is very versatile! Highly recommended for versatility man. Not a bass for a slappers but if you want aggressive & fairly warm, everything in between, its your bass man
  5. Register to disable this ad