1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Musicman serial number.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jared92, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Jared92

Jared92

I need to find the year of my new to me Stingray. I've looked but can't find a serial finder anywhere for them.

2. danomite64

danomite64 Supporting Member

If it's an old one, say '78-'80, then the serial number is on the bridge. I think the 25th anniversary one might be that way, too.

3. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

4. danomite64

danomite64 Supporting Member

Oh, a serial number finder......

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bh2

bh2

The serials for early mm stingrays are all over the place... I've tried to date mine and went to the mm 'guru' site..

http://www.musicmanbass.org/

"Unfortunately, and as incredible as it may seem, records for Pre-EB instruments were never made. My website is to give a general idea of age of an instrument. To accurately date your Bass, the neck would have to be removed to observe the date stamps on both the neck heel and in the body pocket. This can be done by a luthier for a small fee. Other than that, the only advice I can give is to do a comparison with other serial numbers on my website list. But, as you can see, by comparing your serial with others on the list your Bass can have been made in either 1977 or 1978. In addition to not keeping a data base, Music Man made no attempt to keep serial numbers in strict chronological order. As neck plates (with engraved serial numbers) became low on the process line, the containers were merely topped up. As a result, earlier Basses could end up with a serial indicating a latter year."

I'm sick of dismantling my basses for the sake of date accuracy. The serial on mine is on the neck plate (three hole, tilt).

Post a piccy of your bass please.

7. Jared92

Jared92

Its on layaway at guitar center right now. ( little more to pay off) Its definatly not 70's. It has a the number on the neckplate and the number is. E37353. Its graphite pearl with black guard. Thanks guys!

8. bh2

bh2

Post a piccy anyways... I love these.

9. Jared92

Jared92

10. Jared92

Jared92

And i meant like fender.com where you put in the number and it tells you date of your instrument.

11. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
  12. mariano32a

mariano32a

Hi, I need to know what year is my musicman, someone could help me? , thank you very much - the serial number is E60259

13. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

You need to post in a certain thread on the EBMM forum and you can get exact date or clarify any details on your bass like color/fretboard etc. They will get back to you within a day or two.

14. HADGE

HADGE

can anyone tell me the year my stingray was built the serial no is L03078 THANKS

15. Latanza Heist

Latanza Heist