1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Musicman sterling refret recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Igotsoul4u, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Igotsoul4u

Igotsoul4u

My musicman sterling really needs to be refretted. Its been played a ton over the last 20 years. I have no experience with a repair like this. I am paranoid about getting ripped off but much more worried about having bad work done. I'm living in between NYC and philadelphia. Is there a "go to" guy that really knows musicman basses or does it not matter? I definitely want the same exact frets that were put on at the factory. Is there anything else I need to consider with a job like this or another process that should be done at the same time? Its a maple neck if that matters.
  2. Igotsoul4u

Igotsoul4u

Does musicman sell replacement necks?? I noticed they reissued the original sterling and I wonder if I could drop a new neck in there.
  3. narud

narud Supporting Member

totally straight forward. you dont need a replacement neck. since they dont shoot poly on the maple boards it shouldnt be any more than refretting a rosewood board. 250-350 dollar job depending on where you go. any more and youre paying for name or someones rent.