Musicman Sterling SUB?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jellejanssen, Oct 9, 2012.

1. jellejanssen

jellejanssen

Hey guys,

I've been playing bass for 2 years now. I played on a Squier jazz bass for that time. I think it's time for a new bass. I want to store lately and I saw these new Sterling SUB basses, I really enjoyed playing on them and they are tested good on internet.

I'm low on money so that bass is a good price.

Shall I buy it?

Thanks!
    Jelle
  2. stingbear

stingbear

If you like it and you can afford it...
  3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

There's a few threads on this bass already and possible a Sterling sub club in the works. I love my black and maple 4 string and everyone else seems to love theirs too. Go for it.
  4. jlepre

jlepre

Yes. If it feels and sounds good to you, I would buy it. Good bass for the money.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. leegreenman

leegreenman

I played a 4 string yesterday and purchased a 5 string about a week ago. I seriously don't think you can do better for the money.
  7. tmurphy729

tmurphy729

I'm one of those long in the tooth, many years on stage, road dog bass players with a few compressed vertebrae from lugging around heavy Fender's, Gibson's pre EBMM's and EBMM's and SVT's for years. So I stopped playing them, went to an Acoustic combo amp and Road Worn Fenders (They are pretty light at around the 8.5 pound mark). So I bought a SUB Ray 5, black/maple and she is an a$$ kicker weighing in at under 8 pounds, yes you saw that right UNDER 8 pounds. It was set up perfect out of the box. It came into GC while I was getting ready to purchase a black/maple SB4 that I really liked. So after playing the 5'er for a week, I'm picking up the SUB SB4 black/maple which weighs in at 8.2 pounds. It's amazing to have a MM bass that doesn't break my back. Now if I could just find a white or honey-burst Ray 4 in the same weight class, I'd buy it in a second! Thanks for the great product!!! So yeah I recommend then HIGHLY!!! :bassist: Peace, Tom
  8. DERB

DERB

DO IT!