1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Musicman Sterling SUB?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jellejanssen, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I've been playing bass for 2 years now. I played on a Squier jazz bass for that time. I think it's time for a new bass. I want to store lately and I saw these new Sterling SUB basses, I really enjoyed playing on them and they are tested good on internet.

I'm low on money so that bass is a good price.

Shall I buy it?

Thanks!
    Jelle

2. stingbear

stingbear

Jul 4, 2006
    If you like it and you can afford it...

3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens
    There's a few threads on this bass already and possible a Sterling sub club in the works. I love my black and maple 4 string and everyone else seems to love theirs too. Go for it.

4. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Warwick, NY
    Yes. If it feels and sounds good to you, I would buy it. Good bass for the money.

5. Sponsored by:

6. I played a 4 string yesterday and purchased a 5 string about a week ago. I seriously don't think you can do better for the money.

7. I'm one of those long in the tooth, many years on stage, road dog bass players with a few compressed vertebrae from lugging around heavy Fender's, Gibson's pre EBMM's and EBMM's and SVT's for years. So I stopped playing them, went to an Acoustic combo amp and Road Worn Fenders (They are pretty light at around the 8.5 pound mark). So I bought a SUB Ray 5, black/maple and she is an a$$ kicker weighing in at under 8 pounds, yes you saw that right UNDER 8 pounds. It was set up perfect out of the box. It came into GC while I was getting ready to purchase a black/maple SB4 that I really liked. So after playing the 5'er for a week, I'm picking up the SUB SB4 black/maple which weighs in at 8.2 pounds. It's amazing to have a MM bass that doesn't break my back. Now if I could just find a white or honey-burst Ray 4 in the same weight class, I'd buy it in a second! Thanks for the great product!!! So yeah I recommend then HIGHLY!!! :bassist: Peace, Tom

8. DERB

DERB

Jan 14, 2013