1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Musicman Stingray HS 4 fretless natural finish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by TDP333, Feb 5, 2013.

1. TDP333

TDP333

I'm reluctantly putting my Musicman Stingray HS 4 string fretless up for sale. I need to downsize my collection (currently standing at 11 basses) and as the Stingray is the most recent addition I have developed less of an attachment to it.

It was a custom order in 2011 from the Bass Merchant (UK), I waited 8 months for delivery and it really is a beautiful instrument.

I'm selling the bass in MINT CONDITION with all accessories including original Musicman hardshell case.

This bass has never been gigged and only used for light practice, it is strung with Status Hotwire Half-wound strings so the fingerboard is unmarked. It plays smooth, clean and even with a low action.

Here is Musicmans spec,

Model: StingRay

Size: 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)

Weight: 9 lbs, 5 oz (4.22 kg) approx

Body Wood: 1 piece ash

Body Finish: High gloss polyester clear natural finish

Bridge: Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles

Pickguard: Shell
    Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)

Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)

Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret

Neck Wood: Select maple neck

Fingerboard: Fretless - Pau Ferro with inlaid fretlines

Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend

Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts

Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal

Neck Attachment: 6 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting

Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and chrome plated brass control cover

Controls: Dual HS Pickup Configuration, 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass

Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector

Pickups: Humbucking (bridge) & Single coil (neck) with Alnico magnets

The bass was originally purchased for approx £1,680, I will be placing the bass for sale in mint condition including all original accessories and Musicman hardshell case for £1,250. I can discuss courier options and quotes, just let me know where you are.

Thanks for checking out the listing! Please feel free to post any questions or queries.

Tim

Attached Files:

2. TDP333

TDP333

more pics

Attached Files:

3. TDP333

TDP333

and more pics

Attached Files:

4. TDP333

TDP333