Mute Foot Switch

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BluesWalker, Aug 17, 2009.

1. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Does anyone know of or can anyone recommend a mute foot switch I can put on my pedal board? My amp (Mark Bass LMII)lacks a mute switch. I currently use my Boss TU Tuner as a mute switch at the front end of my pedal chain (I also use it to daisy chain power the other pedals). However, it works much better as a tuner when it is connected to the tuner output jack of the LMII. Thus, I would like to replace it on my board with a pedal that has 1) true bypass, 2) has mute as its sole function and 3) can power via a daisy chain my pedals. I could probably buy a used TU for this function but am wondering if there is another option.
  2. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk Supporting Member

Analogman Snuff Box. And I have one for sale :)
  3. danjerl

danjerl

I found this guy on ebay that makes these amazing a/b pedals with a tuner/mute out. It rocks!! 2 inputs, one amp out and one tuner/mute out. True bypass, small foot print and best of all, under $50. Actually shipped and taxes turns out to be $50.95.
  4. BluesWalker

Sounds interesting. Where do you have it posted for sale? Tell me more, I found the web site on-line and it looks interesting.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BluesWalker

Do you have a link?
  7. Sean S

Sean S

I'm curious how it works better out of the LMII's tuner-out, since you're putting it AFTER all your pedals? It also acts well as a buffer for your other pedals.

That aside, the Boss power switch can do this, albeit not true bypass.

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/psm5.xml