1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mute Foot Switch

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BluesWalker, Aug 17, 2009.

1. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Does anyone know of or can anyone recommend a mute foot switch I can put on my pedal board? My amp (Mark Bass LMII)lacks a mute switch. I currently use my Boss TU Tuner as a mute switch at the front end of my pedal chain (I also use it to daisy chain power the other pedals). However, it works much better as a tuner when it is connected to the tuner output jack of the LMII. Thus, I would like to replace it on my board with a pedal that has 1) true bypass, 2) has mute as its sole function and 3) can power via a daisy chain my pedals. I could probably buy a used TU for this function but am wondering if there is another option.
  2. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk Supporting Member

Analogman Snuff Box. And I have one for sale :)
  3. danjerl

danjerl

I found this guy on ebay that makes these amazing a/b pedals with a tuner/mute out. It rocks!! 2 inputs, one amp out and one tuner/mute out. True bypass, small foot print and best of all, under $50. Actually shipped and taxes turns out to be $50.95.
  4. BluesWalker

Sounds interesting. Where do you have it posted for sale? Tell me more, I found the web site on-line and it looks interesting.
  5. BluesWalker

Do you have a link?
  6. Sean S

Sean S

I'm curious how it works better out of the LMII's tuner-out, since you're putting it AFTER all your pedals? It also acts well as a buffer for your other pedals.

That aside, the Boss power switch can do this, albeit not true bypass.

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/psm5.xml