1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

MXR 10 band eq help!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by justinellison3, Nov 29, 2012.

1. justinellison3

justinellison3

I just got an MXR 10 band eq and I don't really know how to use it... I don't know much about equalizing bass but can someone help me?

I just want a good smooth clean tone with some punch. I really just got it to shape up my cleans and to bring out the overdrive in my Sansamp BDDI. Also its for playing live.

If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. :confused:

2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Try a bump in the low mids, only one or two bands and a little goes a long way.

3. justinellison3

justinellison3

But see I don't know how to use it when its got 10 dials and they only have numbers above them...

4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

sliders on left low, sliders on right high. I think you can work out where the low mids might be from there. If not, one would have to question why one would buy something that they have no clue as to how it works or what it does.

7. VeganThump

VeganThump

You need to learn what those numbers mean and what they do to your tone when boosting and cutting them. There was a really good thread recently about this, do a search in you should be able to find it. Also, try not to get into the habit of buying petals and such just because you see other players using them. I can only assume that's what happened if you bought an EQ pedal with no knowledge of how equalization works.

8. VeganThump

VeganThump