1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

MXR 10 Band EQ with 18 Volt Power Supply

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by ustabawannab, Feb 19, 2014.

1. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

I purchased a used MXR 10 Band Eq from my local Music Go Round a couple of weeks ago for $80 plus tax. It did not come with a power supply so I purchased a Dunlop ECB-004 18 Volt 1000mA Power Supply from MF to go with it.

I was on the fence as to whether I wanted to use the MXR or the Empress ParaEq. When this one became available I snapped it up to try it first. It works perfectly and quietly but it doesn't focus enough on the frequencies I want to manipulate, so now I want to try the ParaEQ.

[DEL]$85[/DEL] $70 USPS Money Order only, please. Price includes shipping via USPS priority mail and the $16 power supply. Your choice if you want me to leave the Velcro on it or not. It's very clean. Great Condition!

I'm not interested in trades except for a Empress ParaEq and cash on my part.
  2. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

3. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

How much would you be dropping the price? I've considered getting one of these before.
  4. ustabawannab

I'm at my minimum right now. I started at 80. I'm including the cost of shipping.

It's also on CL locally for the same price, cash and carry.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

Hm that really is a steal for $70, I am gona think about this today at work... I probly won't find one for such a low price ever again! Do you recommend this EQ for someone playing hard rock/metal who would mainly just need to balance out for other effects such as distortion, etc.?
  7. ustabawannab

I used it as a high pass filter and to cut a 400 Hz bump in some bars that I play in. The Q is a little wide in those areas though, that's why I want a parametric with an adjustable Q like what the Empress provides.

It's actually better for boosting frequencies you want to enhance. That's why it 18 volts. More headroom. For grunge or metal it'll boost upper mids but cut high freq above 2k very nicely.
  8. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Bump for a nice uooonit
  9. ustabawannab

Still available.