1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe Noise

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basso_profundo, Jan 15, 2014.

1. basso_profundo

basso_profundo

Heya,

I picked up a MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe recently and noticed a slight noise signal when the effect is on. It's a thin whisper of static that only shows up when notes are played.

It's very light and barely noticeable, but of course my overly sensitive ears hear it. It can be mitigated somewhat by playing with the 'intensity' and 'width' knobs.

As you may guess, I'm not very familiar with effect pedals. I think I've owned a grand total of three of them in the last 20 years. But I'm curious if folks think that's expected or a faulty unit?

Thanks!
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Many, if not most chorus pedals are noisy. Some more than others. But, there are a few that are silent. Analog chorus especially, can be noisy.
  3. lava4485

lava4485

Use the tech21 bass chorus! No noise at all!!

and the MXR sounds awesome and that noise wont be heard with Ur playing! No worries mate! :)

BTW I still recommend to check the power-supply and if possible to A/B between other chorus pedals.
  4. basso_profundo

basso_profundo

Thanks!

Check the power supply for what?
  5. crapusername

crapusername

Disclosures:
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Do your cabs have tweeters?