MXR Bass Envelope Filter never fully turns off

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassCanadabass, Mar 10, 2014.

1. bassCanadabass

bassCanadabass

Hey guys,

I've had an mxr bass envelope filter for a while now and it sounds AMAZING! That being said, I can't get it to fully turn off. Its so subtle I thought it was imagining it at first, but I recorded with it and the envelope is definitely still there, even when the pedal is disengaged. Its supposed to be true bypass, so I'm not sure whats going on. My first inclination is its a factory defect, but the shop I bought it from is no longer an mxr dealer. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
  2. stinky634

stinky634 Supporting Member

Definitely sounds defective as I never had that issue, and never heard of this either. I'd try to contact MXR directly.
  3. bassCanadabass

bassCanadabass

Will do! I used to work around the issue by using the effects loop of my Sansamp BDD, but if it can be fixed I'd rather not bring the extra gear. Thank you!
  4. tom_ric

tom_ric

Try to disengage the power/battery (since its true bypass the single should pass) Can you hear any diffrence?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JensCambre

JensCambre

I've got the same problem with a phase 100
  7. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

That is a good reason to use loopers

I use the pedal palette and it's a great thing!! All pedaled are on and it's the PP that is being turned on or off ... Plus u can save loads of sound mixes of pedals ... You can even flip the order by just pressing a button and see how it changes the sound.

It's like creating a multieffect with all your favorite pedals ;)
  8. Rob22315

Rob22315

I use a homemade looper/switcher, works great with my MXR BEF and a couple of other effects. Joyo has a couple of inexpensive models, e.g. the PXL8, that get great reviews if you don't want to DIY.
  9. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Wooow

that Joyo switcher looks great .... and it's cheap !!!!!!!!!!!!