1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MXR bass octave deluxe MID poll

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by the low one, Feb 4, 2013.

?

Do you use the mid boost on the MXR M288 ?

1. Yes, at 400hz

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Yes, at 850 hz

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Don't use, or mostly don't use

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. the low one

the low one

How do you use the Mid boost on you MXR M288. 400hz, 850hz or off?
    For a basic octave tone I don't use it, when I do it's at 850hz to help my P bass cut through if needed.
  2. JohnDeereJack

JohnDeereJack

With my fretless I keep the mid switch on all the time and have it set at 400Hz. Sounds better to my ears at that frequency. Great pedal too! :)
  3. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

In acoustic and electric rock cover situations, with MM and J basses, respectively, I find that the 850hz boost suits my purpose, and eliminates the need for a 5-string. The J's also have Hipshot Xtenders; the MM does not.
  4. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

I use the BOD for a "just low" synth sound. Now I don't run just low, I do run a tiny bit of dry, with the mid boost on at 850, to try and mimic multiple oscillator synth sounds. I think I am going to shift it to 400 though because sometimes it still is too present. I've been fairly happy with the BOD. I'd like it if the Girth knob was just a bit smoother and bassier, just a bit more like the EBS's deepest tone, but I'll keep it.
  5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

This is certainly not one of my "Always on" pedals. Mid button is off.
  6. the low one

the low one

I was initially thinking that 850hz would better suited to my P bass but now I'm not so sure.

In the Dunlop demo it doesn't say what the mid frequency is set to but it sounds to me like 400hz, and not to drastic too. Does that sound right?

With a P bass which frequency would cut through best with electric and acoustic guitars, and keys?