1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MXR DI + bass knob makes terrible noise

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by casbonano, Dec 28, 2012.

1. casbonano

casbonano

Hello everyone.

I am using an MXR m80 DI + into the fx return of an ampeg combo amp.

I love this box, but everything I have it plugged in and I adjust the bass EQ knob if makes the speaker crackle like real horror-show.

Is it just that the pot needs contact cleaner or something along that line. I don't have any experience fixing/modding music gear but if I can somehow fix this I would be stoked.

Thanks in advance
  2. lyes4string

lyes4string Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist of Warwick Basses
    more than likely just a lil dirt in there, thats the first thing i would try
  3. alec

alec

Just twisting the knob a bit could fix it - the unit can be off for that. If it still crackles, spray in some contact cleaner.
  4. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

True. Shut it down and twist the knob back and forth really fast a couple dozen times. That might grind it out.