1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

MXR M80 bass DI+

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Andybart, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Andybart

Andybart

Does anybody own one of these? When I bought my Sansamp bass driver I never left home without it. Now I've been looking around because I realized I'm sick of not being able to use the drive option on it because I think it's mainly worthless. Sometimes it sounds pretty good with the drive at around 12 o'clock to maybe 2 at most but if I want more drive than that, it really just sounds crappy in my opinion. Maybe it's my ears changing over the years, but I've been doing some research on some other preamps and found the M80 to sound pretty damn good, plus the drive function seems to be exactly what I'm looking for (at least on the youtube videos) and it is also built into a separate channel. So I bought it. Anybody have opinions on the MXR?

2. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

3. Gmclachlan

Gmclachlan

Yes, lots of recent threads about this. But in a nutshell, I'm fairly certain you will like it vastly more than the Sansamp Bass Driver.

4. Andybart

Andybart

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dazonbass

Dazonbass

I own it but am not very fond of the distortion due to the scoop; this is however, a matter of taste. As a DI though it is very clear, which is the reason I won't sell it.