MXR M81 preamp!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eno50, Jan 10, 2014.

1. eno50

eno50 Supporting Member

Looks like MXR has a new preamp out ,still new can not find much info yet, looks great and compact, if it runs on a 9 volt instead of those wall warts it will be nice to have .
    I would like to try it pluged into a power amp...
    If anyone has any more info on the M81 feel free to post about it ,I think it is in the newest issue of Bassplayer mag in the new gear section..
    If it can be run on a 9 volt battery There will be alot of interest in it ,I know it would for me....
    FYI
  2. oboylebass

oboylebass

I have an M-80. Love it. Curious about an M-81.
  3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

4. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

The MXR M81 Bass Preamp looks sweet. I did a quick internet search and couldn't find anyone selling it yet? I wonder how much ($) its going to cost and more importantly, when will it be available?

MXR M81 Bass Preamp ~
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

UPDATE: The word is, the new MXR M81 Bass Preamp should be available in stores sometime in mid to late March 2014.
  7. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

Too early for an idea of price?
  8. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Hmm, sorry I didn't ask. I'll see what I can find out.
  9. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

10. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Oh man, at $169 that's a no brainer for me, been looking for a smaller footprint pre, that could kick my BDDI off the board, since I don't use it for the "dirt" anyway...this really could be the ticket. :bassist:
  11. Down_Low

Down_Low

There's a quick video on the MXR Instagram page. Have a look at the thread linked to above. Lots more info in there too.
  12. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Yeah, I've been through that thread, and I've been eye balling this pedal for a few weeks now.

However today was the first time I'd seen a rough price associated with it, now I'm super stoked to check this thing out!
  13. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

+1, Yep me too.

The price is really sweet, and the DI with a ground lift switch is over the top cool - so the new MXR M81 is most defiantly on my "must have" 2014 list, which means I'll own one as they hit the market (GAS). BTW, its going to replace my BDDI too. I'm excited. :hyper::bassist::hyper:
  14. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass

ahhh, I miss NAMM.
    have not gone in several years, just too much going on after the holidays. I have not idea how I managed to make so many previous years past.

*sigh*
  15. timlanders

timlanders

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla, LaBella, Line6, Xotic
    I'll be at NAMM and plan to check out the Dunlop booth. I've had the M-80 for years and used it extensively so I'm pretty interested in the M-81. It's not the best environment to test drive anything but I hope to hear it in some fashion. Btw, the MSRP is listed at $240+ - not sure what the retail price will be.
  16. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Well, I was told $169.00 - and MXR posted the price on Facebook for everyone to see too.
  17. timlanders

timlanders

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla, LaBella, Line6, Xotic
    I got that price from Bassplayer mag's site http://www.bassplayer.com/article/-mxr-m81-bass-preamp/153838
    They say it'll list at $242.84 - which is an odd price anyway.

I prefer your price quote of course.
  18. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Ok Okay - yeah, the $169.00 is the street price.

So its probably $242.84 list and $169.00 retail.

Are you getting one too?
  19. Astroman

Astroman Supporting Member

There's a pic and a blurb about it now in the New Products section of the Feb Bass Player.

I've got a Boss GEB-7 for fretless use only (boosted mids). Works well, but I like the idea of a true bypass when I'm not using it, or pulling it off the board when I want a portable preamp/DI. Hope it's hiss-free and has the mid frequencies I'm after. If so, another toy is added :D
  20. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Well, MXR isn't a new company and they've been making quality stomp boxes for many years, so I'm counting on the preamp to be a no/low hiss noise device with a very useable bass guitar EQ too. :bassist:
  21. Astroman

Astroman Supporting Member