1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MXR Micro Amp Plus vs. Micro Amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by atticpenny, Jan 9, 2014.

1. atticpenny

atticpenny Supporting Member

I've been looking into getting a boost pedal, and of course...so many choices...so few places to try them out.

So, anyone have a chance to mess around with the Micro Amp Plus on bass? If so, any comparisons to the original? How helpful are the tone controls on bass? Dunlop's page is missing the manual, so I don't know at what frequencies they set the controls. Music stores around here suck, so no chance to try before buy, of course. I haven't ruled out other boost pedals either, so if you have any thoughts on alternatives that work great for bass, I'm open to suggestions. Someone in another thread had mentioned a Spark Mini as well. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks in advance!