mxr vs aguilar octaves

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unemploid, Jan 27, 2014.

?

Which is the better octave pedal

Poll closed May 7, 2014.
  1. MXR Bass Octave Deluxe

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Aguilar Octamizer

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  1. Unemploid

Unemploid

i have the mxr bass octave deluxe, just found out about the aguilar. the clean level knob may be something i would be interested in an octave. i love the growl knob on the mxr actave deluxe, i play the pedal with dry knob all the way up nearlly 100% of the time. i play with my gretsch g5123b, do you this the aguilar would be more suited for me? should i stick with the mxr? btw, i have no complaints about the mxr octave.
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

After trying a few octave pedals, these are the two I liked best. In the end I went with the Aguilar because it tracks better and is less noisy.
  3. Unemploid

Unemploid

cool, i should pick it up sometime.
  4. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

If you like the MXR keep it. I tried the Aguilar and didn't like it as much as the BOD. For some reason the BOD doesn't have a great resale value. I see them in the classifieds for weeks and weeks. I'm tempted to pick one up. I regret flipping mine. I thought I was getting the SubT in a couple of weeks when I did. Sadly I still haven't gotten my SubT yet due to Iron Ether being a little backed up. If I knew then what I know now...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Richard Walters

Richard Walters Gold Supporting Member

Aguilar is very good but I replaced mine with a micro POG which tracks lower and tracks chords as well. Very useful sound, especially with fretless.
  7. eveilleu

eveilleu Supporting Member

8. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

When I got my MXR recently, I was suprised that the MXR doesn't track much better than the old Boss Octave pedal...but the low end on this thing is so thick, it's not very healthy for my speaker cones to play too low with it anyhow. What I like about the MXR unit is that warm tone, the synth sound is a nice sound and has a roundedness which is very sweet to my ear. I find a lot of the digital octavers track better but sound harsh or mechanical in comparision.
    I like the MXR pedal a lot...and I have to say it's a little bit nicer than my B3 octaver sims.
  9. Unemploid

Unemploid

yeah after posting this thread i'd check to see if their was already a thread on this topic, my bad.

my bod doesn't make noise that i can tell, yes it is warmer. i'll check out the aguilar whenever i can. thanks everybody.