1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

My 1990 Streamer Stage I 5 String

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Redhotbassist, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Hi! i thought i would share some clips of my 1990 Warwick Streamer Stage I, modded with black hardware, Nordstrand pickup's and a Aguilar OBP3 Pre-amp!

Grooving with a Funk backing track:

Hope you enjoy the clip's, let me know what you think of the bass :)

Bill.

2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Sounds fantastic and your playing is sick! I’m in a quandary myself I just bought a Streamer Stage 1 and I got it with an MEC 3 band preamp but bad pots and older P2 Bartolini pickups and it sounded terrible. I pulled the pickups and preamp and I have several options to choose from. I have the Bartolini P2, Seymour Duncan active soaps, and Nordstrand big splits. Preamps I have a Seymour Duncan 3 band for actives, Aguilar OBP3 for actives and one set up for passives.

It’s hard to really hear the tone on the vids is it fat like Honey Boo Boo? Which Nordys do you have in? Just big singles? Or splits? 18 or 9 volt? Thanks I don’t mean to hijack your thread I am just setting up mine and I want to get a great tone. I did try the Duncan pickups and Duncan preamp and much to my surprise it wasn’t good the pickups were too hot I think I got distortion when just goosing up the bass and mids a little and it was brittle and to thin and shrill..

I subscribed to your channel on YT...Smoking!

3. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Thanks man! You didn't hi-jack it all, the thread is for general Warwick discussion :)

The pickups are the big singles, and the pre-amp is the OBP3, I'm working on some direct line-in recordings for future video's, so you can really hear how thick sounding the pickups can be, they are incredibly versatile!

I have a few videos going up soon onto youtube from Roland with my bass featured as backing tracks so when they are up ill paste the links here!

and Thanks for subscribing! :)

4. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Nice playing on that melodic improv!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Thanks man!