1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  2. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!

My Acoustic Bass..

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Blondy360, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Blondy360

Blondy360

Hey guys...

So I have a Ibenze Acoustic bass. have had since last summer. I found out that All the electronics are shocked and can't be fixed by a local repair man. He said best bet would A: have it all replaced. B: just get a new one. I need people's thoughts on what I should do.

2. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Depends on the price to get new electronics vs a new bass. Do you like the way this one plays then maybe its worth repair if not maybe look for one you like.

3. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

Shocked? Please explain what that means.

4. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Gold Supporting Member

If the pickup still works (and it probably does) bypass the dead onboard preamp and use an outboard pre like the fdeck HPF-Pre. For the $100 or so one of those will cost you'll have waaaaaay better sound than you ever did with the stock onboard pos. Even if your preamp wasn't fried it would be a good thing to do.

5. Register to disable this ad