1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My band has a new EP coming out.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by alapantera, Dec 1, 2012.

1. alapantera

alapantera

Hello all of you talkbassers!

My band, the Abominable No Men, has a new EP coming out early next year. I'd love to know what you guys think. Here's a video of the opening track.
    Drums, Bass, and rhythm guitar was tracked live in one room. Lots of room mics, 4 drum mics (bass, hi-hat/snare, and 2 overheads), and each guitar cabinet was mic'd, with a few baffles separating the drums and bass amp. Vocals and lead parts were then tracked ontop of the basic tracks. We spent about 30 hours in studio tracking and mixing these 6 songs.

My set-up was pretty simple: MM Stingray > Aguillar Agro > Mesa BigBlock 750 > Avatar 2x12

If you're interested, we also have an indiegogo campaign running through December 30th for preselling Albums and shirts.

[​IMG]
  2. mfbolton

mfbolton Freelance Bassist Supporting Member

Nicely done. Good tune and a cool bass break towards the end. Not my favorite style of rock vocals, but still pretty darn great overall.
  3. jmac

jmac

Agreed. Nice tone.
  4. VeganThump

VeganThump Supporting Member

I really dig that man, nice work! If im being totally honest, which is what I would want, I wasn't really digging the vocals, but that could just be me, but either way it sounds great.
  5. alapantera

alapantera

Well, If I'm being completely honest, I would have to agree that our vocals are probably our weakest link. However, after 4 years with this group, they've kind of grown on me. lol

I definitely appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming guys! :)
  6. mcm

mcm

Don't worry about vocals. Most legends cant even sing very well, ie Springsteen, jagger, Dylan, etc
  7. VeganThump

VeganThump Supporting Member

There are so many things wrong with that statement that I don't even know where to begin.
  8. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

LOL Congrts on the EP job well done.
  9. mcm

mcm

No, sorry that's a true statement. A singer is frank Sinatra, Aretha Franklin, Stevie wonder, etc.
    Most people can't sing, which is fine.
  10. Crazyeelboy

Crazyeelboy Gold Supporting Member

I think the song is great and the vocals fit right in.
  11. monobit

monobit

I like the bass tone and playing. Good job.