My "BassGirl" Performing with Keith Urban

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BassMom88, Dec 8, 2012.

1. BassMom88

BassMom88

Sorry for the shameless proud Mom moment...but this is just surreal!! So we were flown out to Vegas yesterday and my daughter will be on The American Country Awards Monday night (12/10) on Fox performing with Keith Urban. It's all because of the Grammy Foundation....an amazing organization!
    I don't know how much screen time she'll have...and it's live TV...but she'll be up there playing bass. The parents get to watch from the Green Room...so that should be fun! We're both just a little excited and what an experience for these kids...5 are in high school and 2 in college--all are Grammy Camp alums. Please tune in if you can :)

http://theacas.com/news.html#.UMMeM7e9Kc0
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I sure will congrats
  3. BassMom88

BassMom88

Thanks!! It's fun when people ask "What are you in town for?" ;)
  4. twocargar

twocargar Supporting Member

Awesome! I gotta DVR it or YouTube it the next day for sure.

Break a leg, BassGirl!

5. BassMom88

BassMom88

Thanks Twocargar! They had a great rehearsal with Keith's musical director and she got to choose between two Fender Deluxes... she picked the red one :)
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002

Media:
    I knew she'd go places :) Congrats
  7. BassMom88

BassMom88

Thanks Bryan!! Keith's Musical Director hash tagged her as #NewHampshireGrooveQueen on Twitter :)
    They're off to meet the stylist and then rehearse with Keith in a bit...they are having the minors meet with a school teacher for an hour first...rules and everything :)
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    That's awesome! All the best to your daughter!
  9. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oh wow! Congrats!
  10. wmheilma

wmheilma

That is awesome! You must be really proud!
  11. meals

meals

...And so it really begins! This is the beginning of big, big things for that girl!
    We should all be incredibly proud to have her representing our state (NH)! She will knock it right out of the park, I'm sure!
    Congrats, and enjoy the ride!!
  12. TBAR Shane

TBAR Shane

Just saw her youtube video about it go up today. Congratulations!
  13. lucam

lucam

Link pls! And congrats to the parents :)
  14. BassMom88

BassMom88

Yeah sooooo that happened!!! We were such nerd parents telling everyone around us that those were our kids. They all met for the first time on Friday and played together for the first time on Saturday. They're all great people and so talented. It was magical and the experience of a lifetime!!
    Thanks everyone for all the kind words..Aubrey really appreciates it and so do I!!
    Here's the link for the video...
  15. FreshTrooperXBL

FreshTrooperXBL

That's so cool! She is rockin' it man! There was a girl up there from a good local band I used to follow (she's the one with the Stratocaster in front of the organist). Coolest part has to be that they are right up front with Kieth and in the limelight. Congrats congrats
  16. TBAR Shane

TBAR Shane

Here you go
  17. BassMom88

BassMom88

Thank you!!
    That's Dylan... but I only got a few last names - my daughter is still sleeping. I'll have to work on that. She's in college out in CA--she's amazing and so nice and has the best hair!! She's been with the Grammy Foundation since 2009.
    Keith was so great to them!!! They were all very impressed with how well the kids played right out of the gate. We (parents) didn't get to hear anything until the performance.
    It was such a great time...they flew us out, put us up, paid the kids and one of the parents hosted an after party and we watched the tape delay on the big screen....that was fun!!!
  18. BassMom88

BassMom88

Correction....Devon is the female guitarist in the last post (can't edit in this app)....Dylan's a cousin I just wrote too...I need coffee!!!
  19. jmac

jmac

Congrats on an amazing experience for your daughter.
  20. bassdog

bassdog

I was watching and saw that performance. I thought the bass player looked familiar. Congrats. Bob