My bridge p/up is shot. Need advice on replacement

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by xXMOTORBREATHXx, Dec 24, 2012.

1. xXMOTORBREATHXx

xXMOTORBREATHXx

Hey all, new here and a novice bassist. I've got a used Ibanez SRX2EX2 that is totally stock active soapbars and as mentioned my bridge p/up is shot. I've never had to replace a p/up before and i'm not scared of any kind of electrical work, but I'm not sure as to what kind of p/up to get. The stock neck p/up has good lows and mids to it and would like to have access to some descent highs on my bridge p/up. Any suggestions? By the way, not even sure if I need to worry about size or anything like that. As I said, I'm a noob.

Please help. Thanx!
  2. bjabass

bjabass

Uh...'shot' is somewhat less than descriptive and not very common. A pickup is so basic it's hard to 'break' one...

What doesn't it do? Have you checked wiring, switches etc?

P.S. Welcome to TB!
  3. xXMOTORBREATHXx

xXMOTORBREATHXx

Well, what I mean is when I switch to it it dont always work and if I hit it it might. Checked and wiring seems to be in good shape, so thinkin it might be in the p/up its self. thats what "shot" is implying.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'd get a second opinion if I were you. Wiring problems aren't always obvious.
  5. Register to disable this ad