1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My Christmas present to me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by yahtzee1280, Dec 12, 2012.

1. yahtzee1280

yahtzee1280 Guest

Dean Quilted Ash Acoustic Bass

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its such a beautiful Bass... great sound and great Pick up... for a steal of a price

sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures
  2. Draculea

Draculea

Congrats! Nice bass, I bet the pics don't do it justice, but I can start to imagine what it must look like first hand.
  3. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Wow ... Beautiful wood grain! I like it! Congrats!
  4. yahtzee1280

yahtzee1280 Guest

yeah i went and got a acoustic because the amp im using at the house uses alot of power...
    and right now if i turn it on...
    i have to have everything else off or i will pop the Breaker..
    so i wanted something i could play and not be sitting in the dark lol
  5. sobie18

sobie18

Awesome. I have a Roscoe in the works as a birthday/Christmas/promotion present to myself...
  6. MetalcoreBP

MetalcoreBP

Nice. I just picked the same one up a couple of months ago. I was browsing Amazon and saw it for $189 w/free shipping. I never even played an acoustic before, but the price was too good to pass up.
  7. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

Not really big on Acoustic basses, but dang! that one is purty!!

Congrats and Merry Christmas!!!! *

It's still Ok to say that, right? :D
  8. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

Congrats! I played one at GC and wasn't too impressed, though it had nickel rounds on it and I only played it unplugged. I'm gonna get an Ibanez AEB5E in Honeyburst. Love me some acoustic bass!
  9. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Very nice looking Dean!

I thought my Fodera might land intime for Christmas, but I just found out it will be mid-Feb.:bawl:

My wife might get me a Fodera t-shirt, strings or a road case for my Monique preamp..... No Christmas bass for me!
  10. yahtzee1280

yahtzee1280 Guest

yeah it sounds good... even though it has Garbage strings on it... thats the first thing on the list is new strings