My DIY Music

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Nevitz, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Nevitz

Nevitz

I posted some of my music on here a long time ago. I've since improved on my song writing and ditched the distortion. I would just like to read some feedback if any of you have time to listen to a song or two from my most recent set of six songs that I've recorded this past year. They are all made with a 20 dollar acoustic guitar, a 15 dollar cable to record the bass and a computer headset to record the guitar and vocals, so they aren't the best quality. Thanks :)

http://soundcloud.com/nevitz/sets/nation-of-fire-ep/
  2. ScottTunes

ScottTunes

Since I'm mostly living in the "pop" realm, it's difficult to find a point of reference in your music. While I also invest my time and energy into an improvisational rock band, it is still based upon heavy metal and hard rock (both considered "pop" for their genres), which still gives me no "foothold" for what you present.

The best I can say is that you do not provide enough "pop" references for me, not the least of which are melody and time (FWIW).
  3. FreshTrooperXBL

FreshTrooperXBL

^agreed.

further: I think your vocals could really sound killer if you panned them a bit and added in some slight slight distortion (instead of mic overload distortion). Punk influenced from I can tell. Love the sound tho for what little $ you put in.
  4. Nevitz

Nevitz

It is very punk influenced. Thank you for the feedback, guys. :) It's just something I've fooled around with, using what I have and I'm really happy to hear opinions on something that I'm quite proud of.
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Media:
    Its acoustic hardcore. Interesting.
  6. Nevitz

Nevitz

That's the kind of feedback that I love.