My experience with bassstringsonline.com

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by madbassplaya, Jul 30, 2011.

1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

Was a very pleasant experience. bassstringsonline.com is owned by tb member: SLaPiNFuNK (Jason). They have the best prices and if you register and become a VIP member you gain even more savings. Jason answered all of my questions and was a great help! He'll be getting my business from now on. It always feels good to support the little guy rather than GC/MF.

Here's how to become a VIP member:

2. TimB 619

TimB 619

Only reason I haven't ordered yet is because I don't have a Paypal account.

3. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Thank you!!! I am glad you appreciate the service!

Tim, if you click "proceed to checkout" you no longer need paypal.

4. TimB 619

TimB 619

Thanks!! :bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. madbassplaya

No problem Jason. Thanks for your help!

7. MadMark5

MadMark5

this site looks great, I have a hell of a time finding the light gauge I use near me, thanks!

8. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

Media:
    Bassstringsonline.com was mentioned a few days ago too, and I've bookmarked it. Jason, how long have you been around??? I have several sources of strings bookmarked but I had never heard of your store until a few days ago. I *REALLY* like the build-your-own-set option so you can pick out just the gauges you want.

9. madbassplaya

Not to answer for Jason, but he launched the site back in April I believe.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f224/bassstringsonline-com-now-live-759983/

I agree, the build the string option is awesome! I think what I like about Jason's site the most (besides the wonderful prices and customer support) is that he's a bassist as well and it's not a "string" site or an "instrument site" it is a bass string site for bass players. LOVE that!

Also the website is really clean and easy to navigate.

10. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Jason's site is awesome, and he's a heck of a nice guy.

The only thing I wish...and this is NOT Jason's fault...but maybe he has some pull and can do it....I wish the string manufacturers would make available their string tension measurements. He's done this with D'Addario because they make it available. He has the chart right there and you can build a balanced tension set. I'd love to be able to do with DR and maybe even Ken Smith.

11. capnsandwich

capnsandwich

Just registered. I like that you have Ken Smith strings. Their half-rounds are perfect for my Cirrus 6'er. I wish you guys sold Sadowsky strings, though. They're my favorite strings for my Elrick 5'er or any jazz bass I've owned.

12. SLaPiNFuNK

Disclosures:
    Thank you all very much! I am glad you like the site and find it very easy to use!

Please do not hesitate if you feel anything can be done to make it easier to find what you are looking for. I wanted to make the shopping experience on BassStringsOnline.com quick and easy for all skill levels.

I am constantly working to improve the site with product selection, although, keep in mind, I am a stocking re-seller. The majority of the items on the website I have on hand ready to ship, but at the same time, I am not stocking too much quantity to keep strings fresh. (ie... not buying 100 sets of strings to save an extra $0.05 to have strings go stale for the 100th customer if you know what I mean). If an item is not on hand, I will let you know and do my best to get it ready for quickly.

The search function on the website works pretty in-depth too. If you want a set of strings, say 44-106, just put that into the search field and hit GO and all the strings with those available sizes will come up. I also grouped all of the string sizes in one place so you can see all that is available from that manufacturer and select what you want in one place, rather than look at 17 different items to find the right D'Addario's for example.

In response to the replies ITT:

MadMark5 - THANK YOU! I have pretty much all of the lightest gauge string sets on hand. 30-90 35-95 (I think in the search function, some items are 30-090 / 30-095 I will look into updating this). Please let me know what brand / gauge you are interested in, and if I don't have it on hand, I will be sure to stock some for you. Not sure if this interests you. But I picked up some Rotosound 66's Long Scale .035 .055 .070 .090 from a distributor no longer carrying them. They are in the older style packaging but new. Super cheap: $10 a set on closeout plus shipping! (very limited quantity available).

Thunder Pulse
    - As madbassplaya mentioned in the previous post, I launched the first site in "April" but I quickly decided it wasn't to my standards, so "re-launched" in May the current site. So yes, my website is pretty new in the game, but I want to be the best! I am glad you like the Build-Your-Own-Set option! I think it makes it soo easy.

PLUS - Not sure if you have noticed, there is also a Customer Custom Set page. If you want to make your custom string sets known to the public, and want your name / picture / short bio on the site you can have it! Just send me the information on your "Custom Set" and I will make it an item that is easy for YOU or ANYONE ELSE to simply click and buy!

This page is here - Bass Strings Online Customer Custom String Sets!

You will really only need to build your set once! This will also give idea's to other bass players around the world (yes I ship internationally MOST items (some restricted by manufacturer noted on the site).

madbassplaya - Thank you again! I want bass players to get what WE WANT!!!

mmbongo - I agree, if any of this information does become available I will update it. I recently picked up the GHS product line, so will be doing the "Build Your Own" set with them too, just need a few days to get that up and running. This option will be available with any manufacturer offering Singles!

capnsandwich - Thanks for Registering! I sent you an email confirming your VIP status. I am working on adding more string manufacturers, but as I mentioned above, I am stocking strings, so new manufacturers will be added over time. I will look into carrying Sadowsky's in the very near future.

Thank you all very much! I am glad the extra effort is appreciated making the site easy to use and most of all, actually being useful!

And please, anything you see that can be improved, please let me know. If for some reason, if you feel something is not priced correctly (shipping for international customers is a tricky one), please contact me so I can investigate.

Thanks again and I am looking forward to working with all of Talk Bass and the world!

Oh, and anyone interested in shopping the site and receiving the "Forum VIP" pricing, please register and put in the comments you are a Talk Bass member and we will send you a confirmation when the pricing is active. No coupon code will be required to get the pricing.

noeinstein likes this.
  13. behndy

behndy

sub'd. do you have plans to sell Dingwall strings? i know it's sorta niche, so it might not be economically viable.

site looks good!

14. SLaPiNFuNK

Disclosures:

I will definitely look into that. If I can save people needing to order strings from Canada to ship to the states, then it is economically viable!

15. SLaPiNFuNK

Disclosures:
  16. madbassplaya

17. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

Just registered! Awesome site. Haven't found D'Addarios this cheap ANYWHERE! Thanks, Jason!

18. KalTM

KalTM

Great deals. Great site. Subbed, and I will be ordering soon!

19. TimB 619

TimB 619

Just ordered Ken Smith bass burners from Jason! The level of customer service that he provides IMHO can't be beat, so I know where I'm buying strings from now on!

Thanks again for everything Jason! :hyper:

20. baldy McBalders

baldy McBalders

Great looking site! I will be ordering soon!
    Thanks,
    B.

21. madbassplaya

Glad all you guys are giving Jason a chance! :)