1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My experience with guitarPartsResource.com / bass parts resource

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by corba, Sep 28, 2012.

1. corba

corba

I ordered quantity 4 of a 500k volume control, received 1 500k, and 3 250k, it gets worse.

Tried calling them, no answer, called 12 times over 3 days, no answer.

Emailed them 3 times, over 2 days ago, no response.

Faxed them over 2 days ago (Wednesday), no response.

Meanwhile, my Les Paul, which HAD shows scheduled, is left in an unsoldered mess.

I opened a dispute w/Paypal.... we'll see.

I'll report outcome back here.

THeir prices are ok, but not really, considering their sh*tty customer service and quality control (to date)....

I did have orders years ago from them that were ok (actually, i better check potentiometer values on those!)

ugh.
  2. corba

corba

60 hours later, they issue a paypal refund for 3 pots + shipping

</vent>

found w/free shipping on musicPartsPlus.com, my new parts merchant.
  3. SurferJoe46

SurferJoe46

I keep saying these guys are a tabletop business operated in their kitchen between meals, but nobody hears me.

I've had troubles with them too - no communication at all.
  4. sensei_steve

sensei_steve Supporting Member Supporting Member

I ordered parts thee times this past month from basspartsresource.com based on the experience of other TBers. Once I emailed them for help ordering and got no response so I took my best guess and ordered anyway. We are not talking expensive parts here.
    I think they are a small business and I think they use paypal for their fulfillment. Each of my three orders shipped same day and arrived as ordered, professionally packaged, three days later. I was very pleasantly surprised.
    Well, one of the holes in the pickguard didn't line up and the knurl on the knobs didn't match to my satisfaction. I sent an email to sales@basspartsresource.com explaining what happenened and requested return authorization. I received an email from kendra issuing a return authorization number the very next day.
    I can infer that they are a small company, using a third party fulfillment company, filling a niche and providing a service to our community.
    I recommend them to anyone who needs obscure parts for their bass projects.
    Just my two cents.
  5. BruceForrest

BruceForrest

I had a similar experience with basspartsresources.

allparts.com is where I ended up getting all the parts I needed
    to swap out all the electronics on my new Ibby. They were
    quick and cheap. MUCH cheaper than any of the dedicated
    music parts vendors I've encountered, with a larger selection
    of hardware .

Bruce
  6. Dan B

Dan B

If what I hear is a continuing trend, that saddens me. I plan on overhauling my Peavey Grind at some point and one of the things I will be doing is changing the knobs, because why not. They're the only ones I have seen that carry black metal bell knobs (AllParts only carries chrome and gold; StewMac sells them but with Abalone centers, which I don't want).

Guess I will stick with AllParts; they have been great so far.
  7. Rocky McD

Rocky McD Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    I order a lot of parts for my shop from Bass Parts Resource. Never had a problem, very fast shipping. They carry a very large and complete inventory to be a kitchen table side business. Sorry you had your problem but I'll continue using their great service.
  8. dannster

dannster Supporting Member

I've ordered several times from them without any problems.
  9. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

I put a good size order into them a couple months back.
    In the order I had a set of P bass chrome knobs. They sent me gold ones.
    I sent them a e mail with a photo.

After not hearing from them for a few days I figured I got stuck with the gold ones and sent them another e mail. Two days after that I got a phone call and was told they sent out my chrome ones along with a return shipping label.
    It showed up the next day.

I think patience is the key to dealing with them.
  10. domdec314

domdec314 Supporting Member

I've used them a bunch of times over the past few years and never had any problems with them. People are humans and mistakes happen. I'll continue to keep using them.
  11. SBassman

SBassman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer: PiccoBass Guitar-scale Basses
    I have used them a couple of times successfully.

Sounds like when they get it right, well, it's right.
    And when they get it wrong, it's Sometimes hard to get their attention.

I have read a few different threads here citing the same problem as this thread.
  12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    I have used them a few times with no issues. I did order the wrong color PG once and tried to e-mail and call with no response. I ended up faxing them a huge note to please exchange with the correct color and when I got the package, it had the correct color PG. Just have to be patient with them. In fact just before reading this thread, I ordered some threaded saddles for my P-Bass.
  13. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

I got bridge saddles from them. Good parts, didn't screw up my order, not expensive, shipping was quick and packaging was professional. Obviously a small business because they take payments through PayPal, but since when is that a bad thing? I think it's great!

I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
  14. afzoomie67

afzoomie67

I've read mixed reviews about GPR and BPR.
  15. sbpark

sbpark

These guys suck, and I wish I would have done my research first before ordering from them. I ordered some parts from them and paid for 'expedited' shipping. Been a week and have not received anything, sent them an email asking if my parts had shipped yet and received no reply. Tried calling them and nobody picked up, but their voicemail says the fastest way to get a hold of them is via email!

Based on principle I'm returning these items for a refund, but am a bit worried I'll never see my money returned. WIll never order from these clowns again.
  16. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

I've used them 3 or 4 times and never had a problem. Never had to do a return, so no opinion on that.
  17. dtripoli

dtripoli

You only ordered 4 volume pots?
    GC and Sam Ash carry them, 250 & 500
    I'm sure other places have'm too.
    Point is, get them, finish your wiring, do the gig and deal with your existing order later
  18. SBassman

SBassman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer: PiccoBass Guitar-scale Basses
    I just placed an order for some knobs from BPR,
    and I literally had the parts in hand two days later.
  19. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I've ordered from them several times and got the correct items quickly the first time.
  20. dannnnn

dannnnn Supporting Member

I ordered a Gotoh bridge that was supposed to be a direct replacement (per their site) for my American standard jazz. The mounting holes did not line up when I tried to install it and I had to request the RA# twice before they replied. I Also sent an email with a question that was never replied to. Not the end of the world, but annoying.