1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My first bass coming back to me!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tommy504, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Tommy504

Tommy504

I was just offered to buy back my first bass! I sold it for over 15 years ago!!! It's a red and white Peavey Fury 4 string with a hard
    Peavey case. The funny thing is I sold it for $75 (doh) to a relative who was giving it away as a gift. I know who has it and said something to her last fall...She needs some Christmas money and contacted me through Facebook. The asking price is $200 (she didn't know how much I sold it to my relative for) So I'm thinking ahhhh!!!! $200!!!??? but I want it soo bad!!! I must get it back!...:hyper:
  2. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Tell her you sold it for $75 and offer her $150. If she needs the money she might accept the offer.
  3. snyderz

snyderz Supporting Member

Cool story. Sadly, I wouldn't want my first bass back. For free. Boat anchor Harmony P with fret sprout so bad it could be used as a weapon.
  4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

What you sold it for 15 years ago is irrelevant. What you must consider is if $200 is a fair price today, in the current market, and in it's current condition. Besides, you are being given an opportunity that very few ever get. On second thought, forget about market value, if you have the bones, don't haggle, just Go for it! It's Christmas!
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Although I didn't like my first bass at all, I'd love to have it back. It's a '65 P Bass I bought in 1977 from the original owner. It got stolen in 1980. If I had it, I'd sell it.
  6. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I still have mine a Greco Beatle Bass she's a not in playing condition but I love her just the same.
  7. Im_telling_tim

Im_telling_tim

I wouldn't want my first bass back I feel bad for the poor soul who bought it.
  8. Wallace320

Wallace320

My made in Taiwan Yamaha RBX350 is still with me (as, with my younger brother stay made in Taiwan Yamaha BBN5 and Attitude Special...) more or less modded and all in operating order...
    I seen an advert over here for some passive Aguilar P/J set I'd like to swap onto it (RBX350 is infact a passive P/J)
    It's a veritable alder body rockbass on which I only changed back pinstrap jack input and balancer thru 20+ years together

Cheers,
    Wallace