1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

My First Build "The Continental"

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by seedubs, Jan 17, 2014.

1. seedubs

seedubs

it all started when my hero's started playing high end custom basses. when i had saved up as much money as i thought basses of this quality would cost, i quickly realized the only way i would ever own one was to build it myself. did lots of research and came to the conclusion i would try and utilize the best elements of the best custom basses available. see if you can guess what the two biggest influences were.
    the neck is a 7 ply laminate including rock Maple, Purple Heart and one Macassar Ebony stringer down the middle with an Ebony fret board and head stock.it is a "radius" tone block consisting of rock Maple and Purple Heart. The body is Swamp Ash with a Claro Walnut highly figured top from Southern California.
    The duel stack Pickups were custom wound by Kerry Nordstrand with passive/active electronics by Pope.
    All other hardware was provided by Hipshot. The Bass is to be enjoyed with a Cuban Cigar and 24 yr old single Malt. Hense the name "The Continental" thanks for checking out my first build. P.S. I did have a great master to keep me out of trouble.
    Finished shots- https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A3G4TcsmGo2ehW;9034A22D-7D08-4243-BF32-DBCF7B1436EC
  2. Zwieke

Zwieke

Beautiful!
    I especially love the way the scarf joint came out on the back!
  3. M0ses

M0ses

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that is a nice piece of walnut.
  4. pfox14

pfox14

Very beautiful bass. Congrats. Love the purple heart in the laminated neck.
  5. seedubs

seedubs

Thanks guys! Ill Post Some Clips Soon.
  6. kaoskater08

kaoskater08

Very nice bass! That walnut is BEAUTIFUL.
  7. haas

haas

Beauty
  8. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

9. seedubs

seedubs

Is the age of selfies. It slipped in there.apologies
  10. pudgychef

pudgychef

looks great! How does it feel?
  11. seedubs

seedubs

It is sooo buddery. way nicer than anticipated. still adjusting to the expanded tonal variety. my technique is improving as a result. records great too. It sounds sorta like i thought it would . darker than expected but im still exploring the vast filters in the pope system. almost too much control.