My first music video

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by charlie_rtr, Jan 8, 2014.

1. charlie_rtr

charlie_rtr

Hey team,

New here, but thought i'd share what ive been doing bass wise for the past few years. did our first filmclip. Its metal so its probably not everyones taste, but any critism/advice would be good...on the music or the vid. Would love to know what you guys do as well.

2. bassfart

bassfart Gold Supporting Member

AWESOME!
  3. Ironbar

Ironbar

In my opinion and MY OPINION ALONE....that's not music.
  4. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

It's not my cup of tea, but I won't say it's not music. It technically is. It seems put together well enough. I could almost discern the bass line, though I have no idea what the singer is saying. Are we supposed to?

As for the video, did you guys clean up that library when you were done?

Oh, and I do nothing like this, so kudos for you putting something together you're obviously passionate about.
  5. charlie_rtr

charlie_rtr

haha, No your not really supposed to understand what is being said i suppose.

But I like to think if you look past the distortion there is some talented riffage in there, I really don't enjoy playing 4 chord stuff.

That was my old school library, cleaned it up pretty good yeah haha, we need groupies for future clips to clean up if anyones keen? haha

But thanks for the opinions :)
  6. djaydjay

djaydjay

So judging by your guys comments, we're not supposed to get the vocals, we have to look past the distortion and can't discern the bass... why not turn it in an drum and acoustic guitar at that point? ;p
    Just kidding, I quite enjoyed the riff age but couldn't get over the vocals. They need a bit more melody for me to listen to it (gojira is the harshest band i like vocally - lots of growl but retaining a sense of melody and some catchiness)
  7. charlie_rtr

charlie_rtr

Well, if you dont like metal looking past the distortion may help u appreciate it, thats all i meant. I love it how it is haha. But thanks