1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

My first NBD post :D

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassragerstitch, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Bassragerstitch

Bassragerstitch

Well after I got this thing finished i'd figure i'd share this with all you people. I got this bass from a fellow tb'er maddanthony_59

Its a 1980s Aria Pro II SB Elite II, all I had to really do was to put pickups in but im not a fan of active eq's so I gutted what was left and started from scratch. After much thought I decided to wire it up volume volume 3 way toggle and 2 mini toggles one for each pickup and that give me series humbucking or neck coil (the neck coils are pretty close to jazz bass p/up location) and after adjusting pickups its sounds pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

2. starmann

starmann Flats and Fingers Supporting Member

Very Nice...Enjoy:bassist:

3. bravesaint5

bravesaint5

She's Purdy! Your setup sounds pretty cool too. What pups did you load it with?

4. Salamenster

Salamenster

What do all those little switchies do?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bassragerstitch

Bassragerstitch

Pickups are bartolini w4cbc set and mini toggles they switch between series humbucking and the coil closest to the neck which puts them pretty close to jazz bass pickup locations the neck has a thinner nut 1.65" i think compaired to my sb 1000 which is 1.75" and the neck has a thinner profile as well

7. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

Nice looking bass with some awesome sounding mods!

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Ditto. Congrats!