1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

My First REAL Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B Major, Mar 7, 2014.

1. B Major

B Major

Nov 20, 2013
    Boston, Ma.
    So I really only been playing for about a year or so. I've been playing with my cheap used Ibanez since day one. I've been working pretty hard at it and am picking up a lot in a short amount of time, and have been wanting to upgrade... Now, I've loved both the looks and sound of Warwick basses above all others since the get-go. Well, you gotta love tax season, baby!!! Though it may be a little "out of my league" skill-wise at the current moment (I'll grow into it nicely), daddy decided to splurge yesterday on my 1st "REAL" bass, a 2012 Warwick Corvette Standard. Man-oh-man I am loving this instrument!!! Just picked it up yesterday and could not be more happy with it. No other basses sound like a Warwick IMHO. The clear tones of the upper reg and the growl & punch of the lows are just too nasty. Really loving this thing. This seems like the beginning of a long and beautiful relationship. Very excited...... Life's pretty great right now. My wife's currently 11 weeks pregnant with our first child and yesterday was our 1st appointment. What a day it was. In the morning I got to hear my baby's heartbeat for the 1st time and then I got to go and pick up this handsome bastard, who I have tenatively named "Harrelson."
    My Rig.jpg

2. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Congratulations on both!

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    You are giving your new bass a man's name?

5. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    NE US/CAN line
    Double congrats!!

6. lbladams

lbladams Guest

Congrates on two fronts!

7. B Major

B Major

Nov 20, 2013
    Boston, Ma.
    Right, so I'm usually all in on naming all of my instruments, cars, pistols, etc girls names. I made the exception with this lil guy as his growl and overall nastiness don't strike me as lady-like. Plus Harrelson seemed fitting for his looks (a la Woody.).... Sacrilege? Possible, but I'm ok with it.

8. B Major

B Major

Nov 20, 2013
    Boston, Ma.
    Thank you all!!!

9. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Congrats on both! Enjoy that bass... nothing like upgrading ones instrument!
    So, uh... WOODY Harrelson?

10. Marko5657

Marko5657

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Very nice-- congrats!

11. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Disclosures:
    LOTS of endorsements...on LinkedIn. Too bad none have anything to do with bass.
    Nice bass and congrats on the baby.

12. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Clever name. Woody Harrelson would be proud! :D

13. davedblyoo

davedblyoo "All the mayhem and none of the sticky mess." Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Augusta, GA
    Very nice bass, and congrats on the baby!

14. B Major

B Major

Nov 20, 2013
    Boston, Ma.
    Thx again y'all!

15. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Milford, CT
    Congratulations on both dude!!! Party!!!!!